User Avatar Image

Mistakes, plot holes and comic canon violations in the game (spoilers)

posted by Actinguy1 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

How can I go to the motel when I'm LOCKED INSIDE THE PHARMACY?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Except even after being told, Hershel continues to call her "Your daughter"

• I think, under these circumstances, most people would tend to use "your daughter" even if that's not technically true. It's easier for human beings under stress to use the simplest concept that works, and it doesn't seem inappropriate as shorthand. (That's not saying that these references aren't due to a dialogue/playtesting oversight, but it doesn't ring false.) People do this all the time with "uncles" and adopted/step- daughters -- it describes the relationship adequately for most purposes, and is easier than explaining the whole situation to any new people who might overhear.

• Clem is now Lee's daughter by zombie survival law article 7 paragraph 12 right below "The guy with the gun is always right" but before "Zombies don't know how to climb".

• @Saboteur-6 said: Clem is now Lee's daughter by zombie survival law article 7 paragraph 12 right below "The guy with the gun is always right" but before "Zombies don't know how to climb".

ROFLMAO! Love it. Where can I get a copy of those laws? :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I renamed the thread - maybe you can indeed find more of the sad stuff. ;)

• I think it comes down to this. It's only human nature to assume that if you have a little girl with you then odds are she is your daughter or something related. Also you are her father now really. Everyone knows that she has nobody else now. Hence you have become her father. Hell Lee even says a couple times that she is alone now. Hence they all know the truth. Her parents are dead.

You'll actually see that stuff in the comics. An example is the kids in the comics who lose parents and end up with other members in the group. They seem to pretty much adopt them as their own. So that's kind of what is happening here. So I really wouldn't consider this a violation.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

All right then, here's one of mine. :D

When the group runs into the drugstore, Glenn applies a padlock to make the store zombie safe. We assume that Glenn has the key to the padlock, and we will also assume that padlocks are a very valuable commodity in times like these!

...Lee opens the padlock with an axe, destroying it and making a lot more noise than absolutely necessary. Huh?? What was that for??

• @Vainamoinen said: All right then, here's one of mine. :D

When the group runs into the drugstore, Glenn applies a padlock to make the store zombie safe. We assume that Glenn has the key to the padlock, and we will also assume that padlocks are a very valuable commodity in times like these!

...Lee opens the padlock with an axe, destroying it and making a lot more noise than absolutely necessary. Huh?? What was that for??

You can ask Glenn before. He will say that he doesn't know the number for the lock (if I remember it right).

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Abel said: You can ask Glenn before. He will say that he doesn't know the number for the lock (if I remember it right).

I didn't get that. But it's of course correct that it wasn't a key that was needed, but a code. All right then, let's replay. ;)

/edit: Definitely not a plothole, but still strange. When asking Glenn about the code, he sais "You're probably better off breaking it if you have to". When asking Doug, he sais that he hasn't got the code as well.

• - Not being able to pick the brick outside the drugstore using the cane. (It was that far away? Maybe Lee could find the cane in the office, broke in two pieces, adding to the feeling of WTH happened there)

- Staying in the inn near the woods with zombies.

- Not being able to punch Larry at the inn. :)

Add Comment