User Avatar Image

The speculation Thread!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

it had to come up at some time, so i decided to do it myself. this thread is for the speculation of their new game announcement. as said in an interview it wont be sam and max, hopefully thats further down the line.
I'm guessing it's bone the comic book character. any hints troy, Brendan and Kevin?

284 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

dont think a new monkey island,would be great
    but i hope its a new Sam and Max

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Personally, I'd love to see the real Monkey Island 3 in which the secret is finally revealed. I guess they could team up with Ron Gilbert to make the intended sequel of the 1990 and 1992 adventures.

Anyhow, any adventure in the former Lucasarts style would be really great, but Monkey Island is the thing I would love to play the most.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

monkey island 3 was great

i think they will call it MI5

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hi, I'm new here. ;)

Let me clear up this speculation about the game being Sam and Max. Although all clues and indications seem to point to it (especially the shadow and the "some of you are right" e-mail), Telltale Games said in an interview with the Marin Independent Journal that their first game (the game in question) will NOT be Sam and Max 2. However, they said they would very much like to make it in the near future. So it's a safe bet that when Lucasarts loses their rights to S&M in May 2005, Telltale could contact Steve Purcell and make the game.

So this game is not Sam and Max 2, but one of their future games, as they said they would like to have, will be Sam and Max. So they will make Sam and Max someday, but this game probably isn't it.

My personal bet on what the game is? I'd like it to be Monkey Island 5. The shadow shown could be a monkey...however, it could be anything, because that's a pretty generic-shaped shadow...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]The shadow shown could be a monkey...however, it could be anything, because that's a pretty generic-shaped shadow...[/quote]

Some things point towards there beeing a monkey in the game...
    There's this on the Secret Page:
    team.jpg

Notice the monkey in the middle of the picture?

But then again, the shadow of the "waving" guy looks to me like the Bone character...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

If it is that little caveman.....then where does it fit into the license they purchased from LucasArts?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Perhaps LucasArts had PLANNED to make a game based on that character, but decided not to, since "there was no market for adventure games" X-( [-X

But then TellTale bought the license from LA.

But they(TellTale) also said that it would be something we already knew and loved...

I'm stumped... :-?

If it IS Monkey Island 5, maybe he's just a new character...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think Monkey Island 5 would be a bad idea. I think that 3 and 4 had so many plotholes that to try to continue the series would be disatrous.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Personally, I'm praying for Forever Worlds 2!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]monkey island 3 was great

i think they will call it MI5[/quote]

Her Majesty's Secret Service wouldn't be delighted about that name... Can you copyright a government institution's name?

Add Comment