User Avatar Image

Mistakes, plot holes and comic canon violations in the game (spoilers)

posted by Actinguy1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

How can I go to the motel when I'm LOCKED INSIDE THE PHARMACY?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rodry said: - Not being able to pick the brick outside the drugstore using the cane. (It was that far away? Maybe Lee could find the cane in the office, broke in two pieces, adding to the feeling of WTH happened there)

- Staying in the inn near the woods with zombies.

- Not being able to punch Larry at the inn. :)

I also wanted to get the brick with the cane. Later, I realized there was no way you could have used the brick for its intended purpose with the gate closed. So, what point would there be in getting it before?

• @Vainamoinen said: All right then, here's one of mine. :D

When the group runs into the drugstore, Glenn applies a padlock to make the store zombie safe. We assume that Glenn has the key to the padlock, and we will also assume that padlocks are a very valuable commodity in times like these!

...Lee opens the padlock with an axe, destroying it and making a lot more noise than absolutely necessary. Huh?? What was that for??

My question is though is that... how did the group/Glenn leave the first time? You can't break the lock until you leave to save Glenn, so how did you leave the first time?

• Perhaps they had yet to actually lock it? Seems a bit strange considering their obvious concern with safety, but... *shrug*

Your leaving to save Glenn was accomplished by going out the back door (in the office) and down the rear alley. This is evidenced by the animation showing Lee and Irene heading to the office door once deciding it's time to save Glenn.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gman5852 said: My question is though is that... how did the group/Glenn leave the first time? You can't break the lock until you leave to save Glenn, so how did you leave the first time?

There is a second exit besides the front door, and it's very obvious. It is also the door through which the group eventually leaves (because the front door obviously isn't much use any more ;) ).

• How about clementine being 8 years old in first grade, that has to be a mistake surely?

Unless she got held back for hitting other kids with a hammer or something, or maybe she's "special" like duck.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@tobar said: YbP3I.jpg

The part about him being bitten and that the barrier around the house isn't up yet is true. Herschel might not consider him "dead" when he starts moving because he thinks he can save him at that point and he doesn't consider him one of "them" until days later when it's obvious he can't be helped (he does seem to be very unaware of zombie behavior at this point).

• And to be fair, it is POSSIBLE Shawn is somewhat alive. Or maybe Hershal was trying to forget that, and stumbled his worlds and really meant he TURNED a few days later.

• Something else that's odd. Hershel tells Shawn to go inside and check on his sister. Hershel has seven kids, three sons and four daughters. The youngest of which are twins. So wouldn't it make sense for him to have said check on your sisters?

Obviously they couldn't have portrayed the whole family but where were Arnold and Billy? They're definitely old enough to be helping around the farm. Just seems like it would have been a good idea to include some dialog explaining where they were.

• @tobar said: Something else that's odd. Hershel tells Shawn to go inside and check on his sister. Hershel has seven kids, three sons and four daughters. The youngest of which are twins. So wouldn't it make sense for him to have said check on your sisters?

Obviously they couldn't have portrayed the whole family but where were Arnold and Billy? They're definitely old enough to be helping around the farm. Just seems like it would have been a good idea to include some dialog explaining where they were.

Hershal said they had plenty of chores as it was. I just find it wierd no one in the family reacted to seeing Hershal run in, look for a shotgun, run out, and scream "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND NEVER COME BACK!" I'm being told that didn't sent off a single alarm in their heads?

Add Comment