User Avatar Image

Mistakes, plot holes and comic canon violations in the game (spoilers)

posted by Actinguy1 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users

When you're in the pharmacy and trying to get the keys, you discover you're locked in and nobody has the code to the lock.

So the answer to the puzzle is you have to go to the motel to save Glenn, and get the fireaxe while you're there.

Ummm...

How can I go to the motel when I'm LOCKED INSIDE THE PHARMACY?

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @flava said: I thought it was a bit odd to see Hershel to shoot the zombies expecially knowing his stance on that in the comics. Either he's really hypocritical or it's a plot hole.

Good point ... he seems to be much more "reasonable" in the game as in the show/comic. He does shoot them to protect his own ... I wonder, why he would change that ...

• unless hes just thinking hes shooting tresspassers/agressors, not 100% on the US's stance of shooting tresspassers but its happened a few times over this side of the pond were a farmer has shot people without even considering they were zombies...

• @toothiersnow said: unless hes just thinking hes shooting tresspassers/agressors, not 100% on the US's stance of shooting tresspassers but its happened a few times over this side of the pond were a farmer has shot people without even considering they were zombies...

So he is shooting living people (trespassers), but he then gathers zombies, instead of shooting them??? hmmmm ... your logic is flawed :P

• @Isterio said: So he is shooting living people (trespassers), but he then gathers zombies, instead of shooting them??? hmmmm ... your logic is flawed :P

he is shooting two people who has just attacked his son while he is still very unaware about the full extent of the zombie invasion! but i do quite agree, my logic does seem a little... sketchy at best lol

• @toothiersnow said: he is shooting two people who has just attacked his son while he is still very unaware about the full extent of the zombie invasion! but i do quite agree, my logic does seem a little... sketchy at best lol

Ah I see ... you mean that he only shoots them, because they're an immediate threat and he doesn't really understand yet that they're only "sick" people, who might be cured of their hunger for flesh and deadness.

{edit} some spelling errors... not all, I guess :(

• yeah, thats pretty much what i was meaning lol

• @Isterio said: Good point ... he seems to be much more "reasonable" in the game as in the show/comic. He does shoot them to protect his own ... I wonder, why he would change that ...

I think it comes down to how his son is involved in the two situations.

When he was trying to protect his son. That warrants shooting. No hesitation. Kill them before they kill Shawn.

Later, in the comic, his son has turned. In Hershel's mind, by some miracle his son is alive again. He thinks, "Maybe everyone else is just sick too?" So now he views anyone with the same "disease" as Shawn, as alive, and possibly curable. He believes, "If they can be cured, you shouldn't be killing them."

• @WabbitTwaks said: I think it comes down to how his son is involved in the two situations.

When he was trying to protect his son. That warrants shooting. No hesitation. Kill them before they kill Shawn.

Later, in the comic, his son has turned. In Hershel's mind, by some miracle his son is alive again. He thinks, "Maybe everyone else is just sick too?" So now he views anyone with the same "disease" as Shawn, as alive, and possibly curable. He believes, "If they can be cured, you shouldn't be killing them."

You might be right :)

• One major inconsistency with the Comic Canon is the timing of the breakout of the apocalypse. The zombie plague started in October in the books. In the game, the message on the answering machine mentions Spring Break. So the timing is totally off.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

• @tobar said: YbP3I.jpg

Ooops missed that one didn´t you telltale

Add Comment