263 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They've successfully reached the 500000 level some days ago. And a new update:

"So, here's the easier one: at the $550,000 level, we will be maxing out the game responses along the lines I suggested in my video update. Tons more jokes, tons more responses for clicking on screen features, dialogue trees, inventory-on-inventory messages, and more story! We’ll load every existing nook and cranny with extra content because, as Al pointed out to us, the original was “kinda thin” on that.

Now, here's the big one: at the $650,000 level, we're doing something that will change the face of Larry forever (if only!): we're adding a new location, new puzzles, and a new girl with her own storyline! Is this the infamous female character that Al was forced to cut from the original 1987 version of Leisure Suit Larry 1? Or am I just making that up entirely to add a sense of mystery? Your guess is as good as mine!"

Now how's that, guys? ;)

• I think I can not up my pledge any higher... its already at $250... anymore and my kids don't eat.

• I happily gave my money to Tim Schaffer, because his games are always awesome.

However, if we can just push nostalgia to one side for a moment, Leisure Suit Larry games are mostly terrible.

So Al doesn't get my money. Sorry Al.

• @Irishmile said: I think I can not up my pledge any higher... its already at $250... anymore and my kids don't eat.

I take it you already stopped eating yourself then?

@Irishmile said: However, if we can just push nostalgia to one side for a moment, Leisure Suit Larry games are mostly terrible.

The problem with Leisure Suit Larry games today is mainly that the dead ends you frequently encountered in classic Sierra games are very likely to put you off the games, never to return to them, since games have become extremely cheap and there's so much to choose between. That aside, they feature good storylines, in the vein of many classic 80s and 90s movies and clever humor that's loaded with innuendy, without ever becoming plain vulgar.

• Its on its last full day as of right now... So if you're on the fence decide now... Its currently at just under $600,000 they said they will already be adding new click event jokes, they said with $650,000 they would be able to add new locations a new woman with her own storyline. I hope they reach it to make the game a little longer, and while they have Al Lowe and Josh Mandel to write the stuff.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Irishmile said: Its on its last full day as of right now... So if you're on the fence decide now... Its currently at just under $600,000 they said they will already be adding new click event jokes, they said with $650,000 they would be able to add new locations a new woman with her own storyline. I hope they reach it to make the game a little longer, and while they have Al Lowe and Josh Mandel to write the stuff.

The $750 "walk of fame" tier seemed to be a smart thing to add. I would have loved to have my name commented on by Larry, but even if I did have the money I wouldn't have been able to since I missed it's availability. Those stars sold out fast. :eek:

I wonder how much they have including the outside of Kickstarter PayPal donations. I wouldn't be surprised if they were well over $650,000 when you factor in those. :)

• I'd be surprised if it was after seeing Shadowrun's results. They're probably around 40K short of that mark.

• I dunno... I seem to recall LSL being (fairly) big in Europe.

• I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I hope it hits the mark.... Yeah, opposed to the people who want less content in their games, right?

...and yes, my constant self-awareness is starting to annoy myself as well.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

They've got the Paypal donation page updated to show how much they made through Paypal. http://www.replaygamesinc.com/leisure-suit-larry-paypal-donations/

They're currently at $621,197 with 18 hours left to go. So close to the $650,000 goal!

Add Comment