User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Those spiders on floor 3 are annoying. Good luck.

• @der_ketzer said: Those spiders on floor 3 are annoying. Good luck.

I made it past the spiders only to have half of my party killed by the poison mushroom things on level four. I always get mixed up between the strafe and turn keys and always use the wrong one. Oh well, I'm getting better at it. And I got treasure!

• Kid Icarus: Uprising - 9.5/10

This really is my sort of thing. This means it's really not gonna agree with a lot of people, but I don't care about those losers cos I get an awesome game.

• 7th Guest
    8/10

I haven't fully beaten it yet in all honesty, but I'menjoying it quite a bit.

• Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 9.5/10
    I really liked the album. Great songs from start to finish and quite well priced. Oh yeah. There was a game that came with it. Well that game was even better.
    I really liked the Anti-Zelda aspect. You collect something that basically looks like an inverted TriForce, and as you progress you maximum HP decreases.

• Poacher. 7/10

Think Cave Story. No, really, it's pretty much Cave Story, only with a northern poacher as the main character. Lot of exploring to do with some entertaining moves and an interesting plot. The reason I haven't rated it higher is due to some extremely frustrating difficulty spikes and an odd glitch I had that made the audio go staticy after playing for a while. Otherwise, check it out. It IS free, after all.

EDIT: Just finished it again. With the default amount of health (3). I AM AWESOME.

(If anyone else plays this and wants to know how to get the secret boss/ending, don't kill any of the starting rabbits, any of the Blemineg (the possessed purple people with the same accent as Derek) or Baldy (the other human). Near the end of the game, you'll be judged on those, so stick to it! The middle one's probably the hardest, but it IS doable.)

• Jak 2-9/10 would be a 10/10 but it was too hard and some missions were annoying

• The Witcher 4/10 (10/10)
    This game gets 2 ratings from me. One for all elements and one for all elements except the moments when you have to get drunk to progress in the game. Those moments weren't fun at all and running to a nearby fireplace / place to sleep to get rid of the drunk effect was really painful.
    If we take this huge annoyance out of the game we still have a really good RPG left. One of the best I played to be honest. Finally a game where they get moral choices right. You can't just pick one, see the outcome and reload. Your choices take effect much later in the game. It isn't always clear when such a choice is made but they will make you notice later on.
    Even the rest of the quests are great even the grindy ones. You are a monster slayer and collect trophys or kill creatures that haunt others. For some of them you even have a valid choice. Will you kill the werewolf and use his hair to get a powerful ability or will you try to cure him which will get you support by him on several occasions later in the game. But then you lose the ability to gain that certain perk.
    If only that stupid alcohol abuse was avoidable...

Only one more thing to say: Your mother sucks dwarf cock.

• Nonono! You're supposed to fight when drunk! That's the fun part.

Seriously, when I started playing this game, I would purposefully get drunk and then stagger around at night and wait for monsters to attack me so that I could have these crazy ass fights where I would have no idea what I was doing. It was great.

Of course, I also had Geralt try to offer all the hookers severed tongues and then hit on all the old ladies.

A word of warning, though. Never try Fisstech. It just knocks you out and then people jack all your stuff.

Edit: I nearly forgot why I came in this thread. I finally finished Legend of Grimrock! Fantastic game, though the boss fight at the end freaked me the hell out. As I mentioned in "whatever", my standard response to the boss approaching me was to scream and then fall down a pit. Made the fight a wee bit tedious.

• @Alcoremortis said: Edit: I nearly forgot why I came in this thread. I finally finished Legend of Grimrock! Fantastic game, though the boss fight at the end freaked me the hell out. As I mentioned in "whatever", my standard response to the boss approaching me was to scream and then fall down a pit. Made the fight a wee bit tedious.

I can relate to that. Because I did the same.
    Also I'd never use a drug in a game if I can avoid it. So no fisstech for Geralt.

Add Comment