User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 15K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey Mike-

Here's my info:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

Yes, but I turned it off for the game along with all other listed suggestions simultaneously, and it still doesn't work.

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

I'm using Lavasoft's Ad-Aware/Ad-watch Live SW. It is up to date, but I also disabled/exited it before running the program.

It does not, even in combination with all other listed suggestions.

Thanks for helping to get to the bottom of this, Mike! We all appreciate it!!! :-)

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes

Yes, Kaspersky.

Yes

• 1. yes
    2. yes, norton
    3. no

• 1. no
    2. no
    3. yes, works disabling internet and won't work at all without doing so

p.s. I'm temporarily visiting and playing in australia with a US bought copy if it matters

• no,avast -up to date not blocking,yes - the game works if I'm not connected to the net.
    Any advice? - Cracking game!

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

No

Yes, McAffre, Yes, No

No

i don't think so i turned windows fire wall off

yes Microsoft essential and yes its up to date i looked i don't see any where that's its blocking the game

no and i have done everything i can to try and fix this i have windows xp on my pc

• 1: No, I tried allowing it through and turning it off, and neither worked.

2: Turned off my AV, did not have any effect

3: Disconnected from the Internet, still wouldn't launch

Are we totally screwed? :(

• @Im_The_Foreman
    That's for the Steam version only though, right? Has anyone "fixed" the standalone version using the "disconnect internet" method?

It's getting a bit ridiculous that we've not had any word or support on this from Telltale. I'm getting rather worried, to be honest. Not very professional or good customer relations at all.

• : Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

no

Yes, Norton, disable it and still didnt work Same error.

No

Game hasnt worked since day one in native windows 7 64 bit. ATI card

This discussion has been closed.