User Avatar Image

The speculation Thread!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

it had to come up at some time, so i decided to do it myself. this thread is for the speculation of their new game announcement. as said in an interview it wont be sam and max, hopefully thats further down the line.
I'm guessing it's bone the comic book character. any hints troy, Brendan and Kevin?

284 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who's to say that the license is a LucasArts one? Also, it's possible that the caveman dude is part of one of Telltale's "smaller games," which they said would be churned out every now and then.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Perhaps we should be looking at this from other angles ... for instance, I believe Maniac Mansion and DOTT were licensed games (based around the film of the same name) and afaik the rights to use the name aren't owned by LucasArts anymore... but there is very little information about this. Who knows?

• If they don't own the license, then what are they doing selling The Adventure Collection, which contains MM/DOTT? Unless maybe there's some sort of agreement which would allow LucasArts to continue to make a profit off the games or something. It's still all speculation. I'd personally love a Maniac Mansion 3 though.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I just hope it's S&M 2

• Telltale already said it's not Sam & Max 2.

Hey, scaryrobot, where do you get that Maniac Mansion was based on a movie?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

As far as I know, Maniac Mansion is not based on a movie, but is an original idea from Ron Gilbert.
    However, I think that there was a sitcom named Maniac Mansion which was loosely based on the game that was filmed during the 90's.

It means that Maniac mansion's rights probably belong to Lucasarts. IMHO, a third MM is not impossible, but I think Monkey Island has a bigger probability...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Furthermore...

"Telltale's only a part of the exciting things that are brewing around it (the license)"

This mysterious character may or may not have something to do with it;

shhhhhhh.jpg[/quote]

Mh, this little guy looks like the one that visited me last night and did some strange experiments to me...hey telltale, this a real strange way of promotion! B-)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

maybe its a game only About MAX :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Mh....could be.
    Maybe "Max - Revisited"
    or "Being Max" or "Diaries of Max"
    or "Max - A tragedy about loosing ears"
    :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

if anyone got the newsletter that was sent to your email and read it, it gave it hint saying
    "some or you are right!"
    so it's somthing already said, i realy dont think it's a LA based game. they said if you liked there games in the past you will definalty like this one, yes im sure that true but i dont think there talking about a certin game their probibly talking about the style of the games they have made and they know we will like it.

Add Comment