User Avatar Image

The speculation Thread!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

it had to come up at some time, so i decided to do it myself. this thread is for the speculation of their new game announcement. as said in an interview it wont be sam and max, hopefully thats further down the line.
I'm guessing it's bone the comic book character. any hints troy, Brendan and Kevin?

284 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Maybe they've bought the rights to the SCUMM system, just a thought.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

AHHHHH......Maybe it's one of the "Little Glottis's" from GF?
    http://img9.exs.cx/img9/9384/rar1.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but have the guys at telltale actually said it's not sam and max or have they only said that they'd like to do a sam and max game. I know that Steve Purcell was extremely dissapointed about the cancelation and in one article I read, the LA PR dept didn't return phone calls on the subject. Is it possible that LA allowed Purcell to also liscense sam and max to telltale? And besides, what other game would they need to keep a secret, especially if it's not a lucas arts liscense. I think that with all the other adventure liscenses, both companies would want to get the news of the game out as soon as possible. LA games are the only games that would actually have a build-up of demand. That all having been said, I'm sure this is all wishful thinking.

• Thre is no WAY this game is based on a license owned by LucasArts (Maniac Mansion, Monkley Island, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango etc).

In an intervioew Telltale made it clear they're not on speaking terms with LucasArts.

• [quote]In an intervioew Telltale made it clear they're not on speaking terms with LucasArts.[/quote]

Which really sucks, because that pretty much indicates that they won't be able to gain ownership of the resources to Freelance Police. And if they are able to make a successful negotiation with Purcell next year and DO make all of our dreams come true by developing a Sam & Max game, it will have to be started from scratch and will not be the nearly completed masterpiece.

Of course it was a masterpiece.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hmmm...it would appear that the name of that caveman guy is Dank. It says so in the name of the filename of that blinky guy in the corner.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]AHHHHH......Maybe it's one of the "Little Glottis's" from GF?
    http://img9.exs.cx/img9/9384/rar1.jpg[/quote]

What is that?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

don't tell me you have never played grim fandango!
    if you haven't run out and get a copy rite away, it undoubtedly the best adventure game ever made. in my opinion and many others.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

the irony is lucasarts is never gonna make another adventure game due to their supposed "market place realities" but they are gonna hold onto their licenses and the 90% completed freelance police.. so the fanbase gets screwed once again! their not gonna use the damn licenses so why wouldnt they want to make money by selling them..because they are complete idiots!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Grim Fandango was one of the best adventure games to be published by Lucas arts. The story line was perfect. The puzzles were grand. The backgrounds were rendered. Sure the engine was a bit buggy, but it had class.

This is the main character Manny
    2003_09_grim_fandango_manny.jpg

Add Comment