User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 18.1K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

514 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Biff gets a hold of the time machine and sends Doc and Marty on a race through and against time.

• @Noname215 said: Biff gets a hold of the time machine and sends Doc and Marty on a race through and against time.

So basically a game based on the ride?

• @Martin McFly said: So basically a game based on the ride?

Shit. They did do that, didn't they? I forgot about that. Still, it might be a good idea, since Disney has the stones to do ride movies.

• So I'm currently watching the Blu-Ray set and all the behind the scenes stuff, and I'd like to see season 2 involve some stuff from original drafts of the movies that never made it into them.

Originally, the DeLoreon was going to use a nuclear bomb from a test site, to get the necessary 1.21 gigawatts to go back to the future. I can totally see that whole sequence being played out in game-form, with Doc and Marty stranded somewhere requiring it.

A little more far-fetched, but maybe they could be required to create a second time machine (or is that third, counting the train one that was absent from the first game?) from a fridge (again, borrowing from the original draft). Maybe the DeLoreon gets stolen/lost in time, so Doc needs to whip up something else...
    And now that I mention it, let's see the train engine time machine make a return in the next game!

And lastly, I'd like to see another visit to 2015. Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Anyway, just some thoughts I've had lately...

• Will there be a follow up to BTTF:The Game?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Captain America said: Will there be a follow up to BTTF:The Game?

Telltale haven't announced any plans for a sequel.

• @levly_love said: So I'm currently watching the Blu-Ray set and all the behind the scenes stuff, and I'd like to see season 2 involve some stuff from original drafts of the movies that never made it into them.

Originally, the DeLoreon was going to use a nuclear bomb from a test site, to get the necessary 1.21 gigawatts to go back to the future. I can totally see that whole sequence being played out in game-form, with Doc and Marty stranded somewhere requiring it.

A little more far-fetched, but maybe they could be required to create a second time machine (or is that third, counting the train one that was absent from the first game?) from a fridge (again, borrowing from the original draft). Maybe the DeLoreon gets stolen/lost in time, so Doc needs to whip up something else...
    And now that I mention it, let's see the train engine time machine make a return in the next game!

And lastly, I'd like to see another visit to 2015. Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Anyway, just some thoughts I've had lately...

The fans clearly demonstrated they wanted the delorean as the main source of time travel with the train as a backup. Can't see the fridge working.

Definitely the one thing lacking was an elaborate time travel puzzle, the abandoned script for number two did have 2 climatic time travels; one was escapting from the police during a shootout the other was the bomb one; 1967 Doc came up with the idea using the flying delorean but calculated based on only marty's weight and didnt know 1985 doc would be in the delorean so they had to throw things out of the delorean to shed 200 pounds while in mid air.

• @Noname215 said: Maybe they could make some sly remarks alluding to how they perceived 2015 in 1989, to how it's turning out in reality.

Exactly what I wanted!

• Well, with E3 coming up, it's TellTale's big chance to debut a trailer for a season 2. Willing to bet it won't happen though.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: The fans clearly demonstrated they wanted the delorean as the main source of time travel with the train as a backup. Can't see the fridge working.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely want the DeLoreon to be the main character there - I just meant briefly, say, for one episode.

Add Comment