User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users

I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not Lucasarts for sure.

• Not much to be done here honestly, but if they upped the resolution of the backgrounds and characters I'd be happy. Also, release it with a proper soundtrack.

• ....And put it on PS3 and make it work without scummvm on pc and put trophies on and HD and put it on steam

• The graphics were a cartoon shit sandwich. I want graphics like Tales.

• @Noname215 said: The graphics were a cartoon shit sandwich. I want graphics like Tales.

No. The graphics are fine. 2D artwork has a timeless feel that is absent from 3D. Also I think Curse's current artwork is already superior to the Special Editions' (as many SE backgrounds are unfinished.)

About the only thing that might need be done to Curse is for it to be updated to widescreen. ...and insert the missing cutscene before the final chapter.

That's it.

• Bill Tiller's backgrounds are awesome.

Although I hate the design of some of the characters... especially Guybrush. To me, SoMI:SE Guybrush > CMI Guybrush. Yeah. I said it. That's how much I loathe the CMI Guybrush character design.

• The sad part is that Bill Tiller offered to expand his background artwork, in order to accommodate widescreen support but LucasArts showed zero interest. Honestly, I don't think that LucasArts could make a wise decision even if their life depended on it!

Darrell Rodriguez was the best thing that ever happened to LucasArts within the last decade, but the upper management got rid of him because they're fucking morons. If he had remained at the company then we would have received 'Ron Gilbert's Monkey Island 3a', not to mention 'Maniac Mansion: Special Edition'.

God bless you, Darrell Rodriguez, for all that you did and for the two remakes of 'Monkey Island'.

Fuck you, LucasArts, for being a bunch of incompetent boobs. I used to love you; now I pity your worthless ass!

• I wouldn't kill for it, no. But it would be nice to see the graphics cleaned up for modern resolutions

• @Farlander said: Bill Tiller's backgrounds are awesome.

Although I hate the design of some of the characters... especially Guybrush. To me, SoMI:SE Guybrush > CMI Guybrush. Yeah. I said it. That's how much I loathe the CMI Guybrush character design.

I love the curse guybrush. It's the definitive design for me. But then again, it was my first monkey island game.

• I'd just like another Monkey Island game. I don't mind whether it's a remake or an all-new game, but I just want something.

Add Comment