Menu
User Avatar Image

Doctor Who Fan Film: How to Stop a Timelord - FESTIVAL!!

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I didn't want to disturb the discussions from the other Doctor Who thread. ...something about Picard. o.o

GO!! GO!! GO!! And make sure you comment and tell us what you think! :D

Doctor-Who-Fan-Film-Silver-Wolf-Pet.jpg

Yaaaay!! Thanks to everyone who supported us and who donated. This is where your donations went... we hope it was worth it. :D

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Silverwolfpet said: I'm sorry to hear that. If you need anything, let me know.

To answer your question, I'm not sure at what period you are refering to. My grandfather had the heart attack after my "top ten stupid things I did in my life" post. It was on Christmas Eve.

Regarding my own danger, I am still diagnosed with that silly blood genetic disease and I'll be on pills for the rest of my life. Kind of like Doctor House ^^ except, if I stop taking pills, I die. Simple as that. There is no cure.

If I stop posting one day... Well, I just hope they have french fries and grilled cheese on the other side. :p Either way, right now I am safe, as long as I don't make effort or carry heavy stuff. Oh and no stress... but I can't avoid that, hehe.

U IZ writting novel?!? Me wanna read!! : D

As for Plustard, I experimented with the character a while back. Then Mihai had this awesome idea of ditching his partner and find someone else to fill in the blank. We remembered a character that we invented a looooooong time ago, so we did a little voodoo magic and brought him back to life. We also rewrote Plustard's character and we hope this duo will be perfect for the story we wrote.

I'll be honest, as always... I'm nervous. Humor varies...a lot... So it's quite possible for you guys to like the new series... Or not. This project is bigger that the Doctor Who Fan Film, production/crew wise, so it will also be the first project that we're trying to sell for a symbollic sum, to cover up our expenses. :)

Yeah, how do you guys usually cover expenses? I mean, did you have to pay for the school you shot at? Do you guys have normal jobs too?

As for Plustard, i'm sure it'll be funny. If nothing else we can laugh at your accents. (I jest, of course.). I think if it doesn't feel forced and the plot is decent it can still be pretty good even if it isn't funny. Which is why the simpsons is still going strong even though most people say it isn't funny any more.

And yes, I am indeed writing a book. It's sort of x-files-y I guess (never actually seen that show), in that it's about a guy investigating the unknown. But no aliens. All Earth based and loosely scientific.

• Mihai is 16, he's too young to get a job here :) As for me, I'm still looking for one. Unfortunately my last job ended abruptly when the financial crisis stroke three years ago. I keep asking left and right but nobody seems to be looking for an editor or moviemaker. Especially since I don't have a diploma to prove that I AM a moviemaker. That's how it works in my country: no diploma = you're useless.

I do have a diploma in psychology but I only went through that Uni because the Film-Making Uni sucks over here and I am genuinely interested in psy. I don't see myself behind a desk, though.

Regarding Plustard, we'll just have to see what happens. Right now we're trying to figure out the last costume design and we should be able to show some teaser-posters.

If you ever want to share your book, I'm more than glad to read it : )

• Have you shown off your short videos when you apply for jobs? If not, you should. Having something to show is much better than having a diploma, I've heard. At least in the entertainment industry.

• @Alcoremortis said: Have you shown off your short videos when you apply for jobs? If not, you should. Having something to show is much better than having a diploma, I've heard. At least in the entertainment industry.

Yeah, you could maybe try including a tinyURL in your C.V/Resume/application form that leads to one of your more artsy ones (like the silent hill one, which is short enough to get their attention). Or maybe even make a video C.V. showing of your skills or something. That's make you stand out from the crowd without a diploma.

Of course it won't work if there's no jobs out there though... ¬_¬

• @Friar said:
    Of course it won't work if there's no jobs out there though... ¬_¬

This. ^

I'll figure something out, eventually. Thanks guys.

• Congratulations! You guys deserve it! Drinks are on you then? =p

Are they sending you tickets to go see it too?

• Judging by his site (where they ask others to let them know how it goes), I don't think they're going. Shame.

Anyway, kudos! Definitely deserved to be shown.

• Thanks guys!

One day we'll probably make it there. ^^ Who knows?

• Filiming on location for the sequel? That's how I'd justify a holiday to the US. "I'm just going to Orlando to gain some shots. I might have to go on a few rollercoasters just to get an idea of the lay of the land."

Add Comment