133 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well i finally beat Jak 2 in The Jak & Daxter Trilogy and i will say the ending was great

• #1. Arkham City
    #2. Portal
    #3. Assassin's Creed 2
    #4. Red Dead Redemption
    #5. Quest for Glory 2
    #32,739. Borderlands
    #73,549. Mass Effect 3

• 5. Final Fantasy VIII. Not only a happy ending, but an ending that doesn't beg for expansion or sequels. A great ending to a great game.
    4. No More Heroes 2. A fun ending, and a decently happy one for good ol' Travis Touchdown.
    ----I am only giving order to these last 3 because I need to, when they really don't have any particular order.----

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As much as I love Ocarina of Time and its story, Skyward Sword blew it away. The ending, even more so. The story wrapped up nicely for all the characters and it was handled very well.
    2. Batman Arkham City. Everything about Arkham City was an improvement over Asylum, and the ending was no exception. I never imagined it'd have the emotional impact it did.

Before I hit number 1, a couple of honorable mentions. These shift their way up and down the top 5 every once and a while depending on my mood. The first is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The second is the ever quirky Portal 2.

And at Number 1...this one's really gonna get me yelled at by some...but for me, it's Mass Effect 3. As much crap as people give it, I honestly enjoyed it. Call me crazy, go ahead. I could care less. I'll enjoy my ending, thanks.

• No argument over Mass Effect 3. I actually liked the ending too, even if it did leave me slack-jawed and wondering what the hell just happened. I definitely won't complain about getting some more content and closure for free, though.

This thread has made me realize how many of my favorite games actually lacked truly satisfying endings (I'm looking at you, Beyond Good & Evil).

• Kingdom Hearts 2 has a pretty good ending :)

• @Scnew said: #1. Arkham City

You bastard...

• @Noname215 said: You bastard...

What's wrong with Arkham City's ending?

• @ryannumber1gamer said: What's wrong with Arkham City's ending?

You liked the fact that Joker died in the end! You bastard!

Add Comment