User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 18.8K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • In the end, it's just a movie. No matter what movie it is. Don't let it ruin anything important in life.

• I'm versed in the comics here is how I see it;

Captain america in the comics was the leader of the avengers but that had to be changed for this film; in the comics he's only frozen for 20 years. He's frozen in the mid 40's and unthawed in the mid 60's. He also starts fighting crime again upon being thawed prior to the avengers starting. In the current series he's displaced by 70 years and his next mission IS the avengers. He's still playing caveman in this film. Iron man is also the most experienced, he's had 2 films under his belt. Thor is a norse god who's only been to earth once, the Hulk can't even string a sentence together let alone lead.

This film is essentially a sequel for all the characters. And specifically one where the characters have developed between films. Banner now has the ability to deliberately hulk out (something brief from the first film). Cap is getting acclimated and Thor had only spent half a film in the real world. Iron Man does have the important arc of acting humble.

It was important to develop the strength of the alter egos; thor doesn't have one, he's the same person the entire time. But Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are both geniuses and use their intelligence together. Steve Rogers is pretty much the same as his alter ego minus the shield.

Add Comment