User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users

I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Curse of Monkey Island is in my opinion visually so interesting and solid, that all the enhancement you could really do for it would be to make an hd-rendition. Or that's at least what i'd like to see :)

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

I loved the look of Curse. If they still have the original uncompressed assets lying around, they potentially wouldn't have too difficult of a time making an HD version. I think the game still looks gorgeous to this day, but the low resolution it runs in holds it back.

It's too bad that we may never see it re-release, though. I'm hoping for a leadership shakeup at LucasArts if only because it's a chance that someone with at least a smidgin of compassion might rise up and give their older franchises some attention.

• @Darth Marsden said: I'd just like another Monkey Island game. I don't mind whether it's a remake or an all-new game, but I just want something.

This. After a decade of despair we were given a good couple years and now I don't think I can handle the prospect of no more Monkey Island (again).

• The cinematics are so perfect.. I love the colors they chose for that game... I fear if it was remade they would try to change the look.. If they released an HD version I would be so happy.

• Oh yeah! And I too would love to see the cutscene that Chyron8472 mentioned.
    They tried to fill the hole left by it's absence with dialogue, but it would be superb to really see it.
    For it to come in HD, Widescreen and with the missing scene I'd kill too! :D

• I'd be happy with a Steam/xbla/psn release, personally. The game itself is perfect already!

• Well the ending does kind of fall apart, so I'd like to see that touched up, but otherwise yeah, just slap it on Steam and the like. Watch the money pour in, LucasArts! We'll see if you still think your old properties need to stay old!

• @Darth Marsden said: I'd just like another Monkey Island game. I don't mind whether it's a remake or an all-new game, but I just want something.

Same here!
    Hear! hear!:)

• I'm with the Curse really doesn't need a update (except for the another cutscene for the ending) crowd. I had like no problems with that game.

• A HD re-release of Curse with minor updates would be the best! Not holding my breath though. Now that Darrell Rodriguez is gone, getting LusasArts to commit to adventure games again would be like trying to draw blood from a stone.

Add Comment