User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.1K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @divisionten said: Something tells me Portal will be the sale tomorrow.

Possibly.

So what time do Valve updates generally come out for their games? I'd rather not wait until 11:00 PM EDT for this to come out.

• @Gman5852 said: Possibly.

So what time do Valve updates generally come out for their games? I'd rather not wait until 11:00 PM EDT for this to come out.

Usually it's 1:00 EST. Convert that into your own time, I'm far too lazy.

• @figmentPez said: Does anyone know if the "Oh So Fine" bundle from Amazon has individual Steam codes for each of the games, or if it's one bundle code? I'm kinda considering getting Stacking now if I can get codes for Psychonauts and Costume Quest to give away to friends.

They are individual Steam codes.

I'm debating about whether to redeem or give away the code for Psychonauts, since I already own a PC version via GoG.com. I think I will use it, though, since the steam version has achievements and whatnot

• @ted12 said: Usually it's 1:00 EST. Convert that into your own time, I'm far too lazy.

That is my time(well EDT due to daylight savings time and whatnot), so its good to know the game will be updated before I get home. Hopefully I can just run my laptop on steam and get this downloaded before I'm even home.

• @LuigiHann said: They are individual Steam codes.

I'm debating about whether to redeem or give away the code for Psychonauts, since I already own a PC version via GoG.com. I think I will use it, though, since the steam version has achievements and whatnot

And the Steam version got patched (at the same time when Mac version was released) and I'm not sure if the GoG version is patched or not.

• @Farlander said: And the Steam version got patched (at the same time when Mac version was released) and I'm not sure if the GoG version is patched or not.

I think there's an unofficial patch on the GOG forums to give most of the new functionality (better controller support, widescreen fixes, etc.) Obviously no Steam achievements, but still pretty close from what I read. I own both GOG and Steam now, since I love me some achievements.

@Farlander said: They are individual Steam codes.

Thanks!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Today's Daily Deal is Anomaly: Warzone Earth, yet another bloody tower defence game. £3.05 / $3.39.

Midweek Madness is Alan Wake. £11.49 / $14.99.
    You can also pre-order Alan Wake's American Nightmare for $10.79 / 13.49, if you should so choose.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is Anomaly: Warzone Earth, yet another bloody tower defence game. £3.05 / $3.39.

Midweek Madness is Alan Wake. £11.49 / $14.99.
    You can also pre-order Alan Wake's American Nightmare for $10.79 / 13.49, if you should so choose.

Haha! In the UK, GOG has Alan Wake for Cheaper and DRM Free
    (Exchange rates win for GOG)

Sorry Steam, for once you are too slow! XD

EDIT:

From GOGs facebook:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare will be available for pre-orders tomorrow!
    The game will be available 10% off for $17.99, but if you purchased Alan Wake on GOG.com, the second part is 25% off--that's $14.99 for a game you are not allowed to miss.

Talk about GOG stealing Steam's thunder! XD

(Prices work out about the same in the UK. American nightmare pre-order is cheaper on Steam, but core game is a little cheaper on GOG. So Its Achievements vs DRM-Free. I know what I am going to go for! XD)

• Portal 2 is also on Midweek Madness. Game and all bundles that include it are 66% off.

I think these are the least surprising sales of the year. If you don't already have it though, ...you are dead to me.

• GameFly has F.E.A.R. 3 for $4.99 until Thursday, and it redeems on Steam.

Sorry, I don't know about international prices.

Add Comment