User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 14.1K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We have a thread for these things here. I believe someone mentioned Sliders before too(if not here, in another thread offhand), so it doesn't look like you're alone on that.

• Sorry, there are a lot of threads here, don't really have the time to look through all of them. But thank you, I will look there. Maybe a mod could merge my comment with that thread?

Thanks! :)

• Okay, Telltale, I think MacGyver is the overwhelming favourite so far, get on it.

• If it weren't for the fact that Telltale generally tries to focus on POPULAR, well-known and/or contemporary licenses, I'd suggest:

-- Mighty Mouse (the character is such a cipher, barely appearing in his own cartoons, that there should be lots of room to reinvent him and have fun)

-- Piers Anthony's Xanth universe (I know it was adapted before to middling success, but the style and sense of pun-based humor still appeals)

-- Trots & Bonnie (Shary Flenniken's old National Lampoon comic strip)

-- Something based on Gary Panter's artwork

-- Li'l Abner (Al Capp's smart, verbal and hilarious vintage newspaper strip)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@gamingafter40 said: -- Piers Anthony's Xanth universe (I know it was adapted before to middling success, but the style and sense of pun-based humor still appeals)

I was introduced to Xanth through the "Companions of Xanth" game... the version I got came with a free Xanth book. Not my most favourite game ever, but there were too many awesome/terrible puns for me not to like it. I love how the world operates on the figurative rather than literal versions of phrases (e.g. physically kicking "the bucket" ends in a game over because the character died). I'd definitely play another Xanth adventure game.

• With Prometheus coming out it would be nice to have a Alien adventure game. With multiple choices and death scenes like The Walking Dead

• @Banned User said: With Prometheus coming out it would be nice to have a Alien adventure game. With multiple choices and death scenes like The Walking Dead

I kind of feel like that realm is being covered by the "Dead Space" series these days, with exploration and story elements layered into an action game. But there were a lot of Alien-inspired adventure games back in the day, like Death Dreadnaught and ARC -- with more emphasis on atmosphere than actual confrontations with the xenomorphs. Would be interesting to see a modern take on the idea.

• I think they should make more W&G games!

• I think the old Star Trek games catches the Trek Feel perfectly.

Add Comment