User Avatar Image

King's Quest VII Love Thread

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 670 users

This is a thread for fans of KQ7, imo one of the more underrated games in the series.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 90s Myst clones?

Journeyman Project series was better than KQ7... More compelling storylines, interesting characters, atmospheric, etc...

I liked Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor more than KQ7...

Being a 'myst clone' was not necessarily a bad thing. I never could get into Myst, but some of the clones were actually quite compelling...

BTW, I like KQ7 more than Myst... But like it less than the few Myst Clones mentioned above I played...

I do probably like KQ7 a bit better than Sierra's attempts as 'Myst cloning'...

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Personal taste is valid. All a review is is the reviewers' personal taste/opinion. Art is subjective, one person's masterpiece is another's pile of dung. Perception is everything.

Of course. But none of that is useful in telling the difference between something that merely attracts opposing minority opinion and something that is underrated.

@Anakin Skywalker said: In the KQ/Sierra community, I feel, based upon what I've seen, KQ7 is underrated as a game and as an entry in the series.

Well then, I think KQ7 is overrated in this thread. :p

(But definitely much better than the worst Myst-clone I ever played.)

• Yeah, I was clearly just trolling, too. :)

KQ7 still sucks balls though.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Personal taste is valid. All a review is is the reviewers' personal taste/opinion. Art is subjective, one person's masterpiece is another's pile of dung. Perception is everything. In the KQ/Sierra community, I feel, based upon what I've seen, KQ7 is underrated as a game and as an entry in the series.

Even the best games/movies/music has it's detractors as you said.

In spite of what numerous school teachers have told you, it is entirely possible for personal opinion to be incorrect.

That said, KQ VII isn't *that* bad, just not really up to the standards of the previous games.

• In spite of what numerous school teachers have told you, it is entirely possible for personal opinion to be incorrect.

The idea that all 'personal opinion is equally right' reminds me of 1984!

2 + 2 = 5!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kmG7KXxShM

How many lights are there?

Madred%2C_four_lights.jpg

• In the words of my once 3-year-old sister, "dun like it."

• Your three year old sister didn't like KQ7? Wow, and I thought that was the age group it was targeted at!

• No, she didn't say that about KQ7, she just used to say that about stuff she didn't like. I'm just quoting her in regards to my opinion on KQ7.

• KQ7 wasn't my favorite KQ, but I enjoyed playing it (even with the little kiddieness). We finally got to be Valanice and I liked the story. I wished you were allowed to use text cause sometimes it's hard to understand some characters.

I'd rather play any of the KQ games compared to Myst. I don't even consider that an Adventure game, it's more like a puzzle game.

• I liked KQ7.

I had issues with specific gameplay aspects [namely, inability to increase walking speed and inability to save on the fly (I had the earlier version of it)] and I encountered the wooden-nickel-in-the-faux-shop bug on my first playthrough, but overall I really did like the game.

Granted, KQ7 didn't meet the standard KQ6 set (which is still one of favorite adventure games ever), but I hated KQ5's voice acting (and, to a lesser extent, the pie-on-yeti and cheese-machine puzzles) so much that KQ7 was and is considered by me to be head-and-shoulders better than KQ5.

Add Comment