User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jane Jensen just uploaded a new video on her Kickstarter page, confirming that she'll be releasing TWO new adventure games. Moebius and Mystery Game X. You'll get both games for $50, which is a steal, if you ask me :)

So excited!

Speculations about Mystery Game X is of course through the roof already.

• Ben Daily

A project that I did some work for that looks pretty cool. It's for an app that would present real news stories in a sort of fictionalized, constantly updated motion comic. Reeeally hoping this one gets funded.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@BlankCanvasDJ said: Ben Daily

A project that I did some work for that looks pretty cool. It's for an app that would present real news stories in a sort of fictionalized, constantly updated motion comic. Reeeally hoping this one gets funded.

Hey... I recognize that poster art from what you posted in the General Art thread! :D Good work. :)

This does look pretty interesting. And so do the rewards. They're connected to the cases, so they're like feelies from Infocom games (or from the deluxe versions of Telltale games from that matter) :)

• Exactly! I'm hoping to pick up one of those messenger bags, myself. :)

• Oh for f**k's sake, now there's a Carmageddon Kickstarter!

STOP HAVING PROJECTS I WANT TO BACK, DAMMIT!

• Not a driving fan, but he did a great pitch. It made me think about it. I wish them luck.

Edit: Okay, this was kind of funny. That Republique game released an updated final push video(they wont even come close short of the team chipping in massively) and within an hour, they lost over a $1000. They have since made more than that back, but I thought that was funny. I know exactly where that loss came from too. One of the developers during the video flat out says "This is not a point and click adventure game, it is an action game with puzzles...". I just though the actual loss aspect was amusing.

• Anyone else here interested in Sierra's Space Quest Series? Its creators "The Two Guys from Andromeda" have started a Kickstarted campaign to create a new adventure game which is similar to Space Quest. It already has voice backing offered from the people who played:

GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2 (Ellen McLain)
    The Sniper from TF2 (John Patrick Lowrie)
    Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2 (Robert Clotworthy)
    Pinky from Pinky and the Brain & Raphael from TMNT (Rob Paulsen)
    The narrator from Space Quests 4 & 6 (Gary Owens)

These people also have other impressive credits, I just didn't think I would list them all here. There is a goal of £500,000 and they already have over £58,500 (906 backers) even though the Kickstarter only began yesterday!

Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest

• @Mike Haley said: Also, has this one been discussed yet? Rob Swigart's Portal (1986) Reborn. It's an adventure game reboot of a 1986 interactive computer novel. I seriously doubt that this one is going to make it, though. $900,000 is the goal, and after 10 days, it only has $12,391.

Well that's... interesting.

Portal's gone through a massive revamp. They've basically cancelled the Kickstarter project and having completely restructured the thing, will restart with a new one, this time with a goal of around $550,000 and with a much longer timeframe to get it.

Hopefully this'll allow them to actually reach their target now, because this seems really interesting.

• @Darth Marsden said: Oh for f**k's sake, now there's a Carmageddon Kickstarter!

STOP HAVING PROJECTS I WANT TO BACK, DAMMIT!

Now that is a project that is very tempting to back. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@jp-30 said: I'm considering backing ex-LucasArts Garry M Gaber's space combat simulator, Starlight Inception.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm

Only after $150,000, but looking unlikely to get there with only 9 days to go.

Seems like you're in luck. ;)

Add Comment