User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 46.2K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good find!

Don't worry too much about prices. The fact you found it at all is enough!

• @RetroVortex said: So Its Achievements vs DRM-Free. I know what I am going to go for! XD)

Achievements of course.

• @der_ketzer said: Achievements of course.

Are+You+Serious+Meme.JPG

EDIT: GOG has the pre-order of American Nightmare up.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/alan_wakes_american_nightmare

Oh, and its price-matched on steam now.

(So its like £8 for us in the UK if we already have Alan Wake on GOG, making it the best deal out of the two now)

• Today's Daily Deal is... Wolfenstein 3D? Yep, the very first one is now the price it should always have been on Steam - 74p / $1.24. Note that this doesn't include the Spear of Destiny, though it is available separately for the same price. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is also reduced, down to £1.49 / $2.49.

The complete Wolfenstein pack (which DOESN'T include the recent one just called Wolfenstein, sadly) is also reduced, and the recommended buy if you're going to get this. It's got Wolf3D, Spear of Destiny & Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and it's a mere £2.50 / $3.75.

Finally, the offer apparently extends to the Super id Software Pack, which has so much stuff in it I can't be bothered to list it - have a link instead./ It's £37.99 / $49.99. And yes, RAGE is in it, but not Wolfenstein (2008). mconfused.gif

On a completely different note, I just plain forgot to mention that the Steam version of Alan Wake also has a collector's edition for £13.49 / $17.49 (or there's the option to upgrade your normal version for £3.49 / $4.99). You get a commentary track, PDF artbook and the soundtrack.

• Meh, right now I'm saving up for the Katy Perry edition of Showtime and Resonance anyway, so I'm not going to get any of the deals currently on.

Well, except for indie bundles. Me loves indie bundles.

• Today's Daily Deal is Bunch of Heroes. £1.99 / $2.49.

• Midnight Club 2 free!

rockstargroup_steam.pngJoin the Official Rockstar Games Community on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames by 10 am Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and receive one non-giftable copy of Midnight Club 2 in your Steam account by May 29th.

Eligibility: User must have an account with at least one successful purchase, gift or retail registration in the account. The offer is not available to users who already own Midnight Club 2.

• There's also the Weekend deals, which I didn't post because I was half-asleep all last evening. Better now :)

First, there's the Tropico series. Tropico IV is free-to-play all weekend, and the entire series is on offer. Here's the list:

(Note that all of the following are the same price, whatever your currency (grr).
    Tropico: Reloaded (Tropico, the Paradise Island DLC and Tropico II: Pirate Cove) - 2.37
    Tropico III - 3.39
    Tropico III: Absolute Power (DLC) - 3.39
    ...and the three above as the Tropico Trilogy is 6.79.
    There's also Tropico 3: Gold Edition, which is just T3 and the Absolute Power DLC, at 5.09.

Then there's the Tropico IV stuff, which is thankfully converted!
    Tropico IV - £10.19 / $13.59
    Tropico IV Strategy Guide - £2.72 / $3.40, or together with the game: £11.38 / $15.29
    DLC
    Junta Military / Plantador / Quick-Dry Cement - £1.35 / $1.69 each
    Modern Times - £11.24 / $14.99

...right. Onto the other stuff! Next is Company of Heroes.
    Company of Heroes - £1.39 / $1.99
    Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - £1.99 / $3.99
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - £1.99 / $3.99
    ...and the trilogy is £5.39 / $9.99, which is fractionally more expensive than buying them individually. :p

Finally, there's stuff with Steamworks. These are:
    Portal 2 - £5.09 / $6.79 (they're really trying to flog this, aren't they :p)
    The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - £23.44 / $40.19

...I'll do the prices in pounds in a minute. Patience, young padawans...

• Today's Daily Deal is Mutant Storm: Reloaded. It's a SHMUP, make of it what you will. £1.99 / $2.49.

• Today's Daily Deal is Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, another SHMUP. £1.35 / $1.69.

Also, The Dream Machine is now available on Steam. I'd recommend it.

Add Comment