876 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm really proud of this one. It's kind of like the Old Aperture chapters of the single player campaign in that you fall down then have you climb back to the top.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=71464102

• @Gman5852 said: This is mine please everyone try it out everyone.

I just did.

- The puzzles aren't too brainmelting. I'd even say they are too easy. but if you have to squueze so many puzzles into one chamber you might not have too much choice.

+ Most puzzles have more than one solution. That is great! I love that. Played the map twice because of that

- I haven't managed to rescue the companion cube because of the fizzler at the exit. (Can this even be changed I never saw a map without that, will try that after making this post.)

- The whole cellar area has issues:

° You don't need it to solve the game except for the long fall down.
    --> this is because the gate to the laser cube opens without it if you put the first block on the far right button (seen from the entrance)

° It's much too big for what is inside

° There is no indicator what the edgeless cube does in the cellar

° There is no need for the water dispenser

° The corridor for the orange gel could be shortened to solve another problem further down

° The cube you can grab from down there will not be regainable if you fizzle it (by accident or like me for testing purposes), also it is not needed to rescue the <3-cube from it's prison. Why am I solving this puzzle again?

° The climb up from the cellar is complicated especially with a cube in hand
    Can you make another area to shoot portals in, that isn't above the "trapdoor" or move the other one because it isn't really needed there.

+ The map is fun to play.

• @der_ketzer said: - The puzzles aren't too brainmelting. I'd even say they are too easy. but if you have to squueze so many puzzles into one chamber you might not have too much choice.

Yeah, not the best at making puzzles difficult. That will be a goal for the future.

+ Most puzzles have more than one solution. That is great! I love that. Played the map twice because of that

I... uhh... sure, that was completely the idea... which ones?

- I haven't managed to rescue the companion cube because of the fizzler at the exit. (Can this even be changed I never saw a map without that, will try that after making this post.)

Yeah, you can't remove the fizzler sadly. But you have reunited the cube with its friends, so that's something.

- The whole cellar area has issues:

° You don't need it to solve the game except for the long fall down.
    --> this is because the gate to the laser cube opens without it if you put the first block on the far right button (seen from the entrance)

Yeah, there is some glitch that if you connect 2 switches to those types of panels, it doesn't matter which switch, but just one will do the job instead of both. I have a fix for this ready to upload as we speak.

° It's much too big for what is inside

Probably true, but I personally don't see it that way.

° There is no indicator what the edgeless cube does in the cellar

Yeah, that is due to the lack of blue dots. There is a symbol however that matches the gel makers, but that sadly is something I can't fix(If I could, I would remove the blue dots that show the exit, those are pretty obvious what they lead to :P)

° There is no need for the water dispenser

That was put there just to be safe. Never know what people can screw up.

° The corridor for the orange gel could be shortened to solve another problem further down

What was the problem?

° The cube you can grab from down there will not be regainable if you fizzle it (by accident or like me for testing purposes), also it is not needed to rescue the <3-cube from it's prison. Why am I solving this puzzle again?

Solving it because you have to get all the cubes(due to previous glitch, you could skip this, already have fix for that ready to go), as for fizzle problem. I'll get on that one.

° The climb up from the cellar is complicated especially with a cube in hand
    Can you make another area to shoot portals in, that isn't above the "trapdoor" or move the other one because it isn't really needed there.

I'll see what I can do on that, but what do you mean by "the other one"? Other what?

+ The map is fun to play.

Thanks, I had the most fun with the aerial faith plate section. They are fun to jump around in:p

EDIT:Just updated my level. Fixed being able to skip the Frankencube and cornerless cube levels and added an elevator to the Frankencube area, its to your left after the fall.

• @Gman5852 said: What was the problem?

not important. Will try the new version.

• @der_ketzer said: not important. Will try the new version.

Ok then.

Also, I feel like pointing out the puzzle as it is, is the memory limit exactly. One more block makes it unbuildable in the editor.

• Here's another I made.
    Interestingly, I notice one of the tags these levels get is "singleplayer". Guess they're not done updating the editor yet. :cool:

• I just got another idea for a puzzle. Goal for this puzzle, don't overload the level and make it difficult.

• @Gman5852 said: I just got another idea for a puzzle. Goal for this puzzle, don't overload the level and make it difficult.

Yes. You can make really hard chambers that are actually small.
    Like the one by Ribs.

Or the Employee Of The Moment mappack. That one has maps that are too hard and some that are just right.

• @der_ketzer said: Yes. You can make really hard chambers that are actually small.
    Like the one by Ribs.

Or the Employee Of The Moment mappack. That one has maps that are too hard and some that are just right.

Oh god, I've been playing those maps for a while. Stuck on the last one.

I mean I'm stuck on Ribs challenge, I breased through the employee of the moment one.

• I haven't had time to play any of the new maps between my job and school, at times responsibility can suck.

Add Comment