User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 46.1K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Already bought the dream machine this morning.

• @der_ketzer said: Already bought the dream machine this morning.

You're in for a treat if you haven't played it before. I got it for my birthday about a year ago. Unfortunately the episodes are really far between, but I got the impression they're working on the last two episodes simultaneously, so hopefully they'll be able to wrap up the story this year.

• @figmentPez said: Arkham City has a GOTY version coming in September. That's what I'm waiting for.

Hmm . I read on another forum , that it will come out on 29th of this month with the last DLC ( Harley Quinn's Revenge )

edit : for the consoles .

PC release : 07.09.2012

• Today's Daily Deal is the Commandos Collection. The first three titles, and the stand-alone expansion for the first game. Individually 80p / $1, or £2.40 / $3 as a package. At that price, I highly recommend them.

• Amazon has Serious Sam games on sale and they redeem on Steam:
    - Serious Sam 3 BFE $9.99
    - SS the Random Encounter $1.24
    - SS Double D $1.99
    - Serious Sam 2 $2.49
    - SS HD: The First Encounter $3.74
    - SS HD: The Second Encounter $4.99

Some are available in a 4-pack for sharing with friends.

• ...obligatory mention that you need to live in the US (or have a US based card, wink) to use Amazon downloads.

• Gah, bloody new work hours.

Today's Daily Deal is Lucid, a puzzle game I know nothing about. 1.24, whatever your currency (grr).

Also, there's a bunch of DLC for Anno 2070 out today. It's not on offer, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Daily Deal is Lucid, a puzzle game I know nothing about.

At first I was like "nice, a puzzle game", but then I checked the Steam store page and I was like "oh, fuck no". Is there really a need for more games like this?

• Gamersgate has this nice little sale going on here
    http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=squareenixmidweek

Most notably is Just Cause 2 which is $3.74 separate and $6.25 with ALL the DLC...

My thoughts. Hot dang! I got this for 360, but I am still getting this for PC tomorrow, such a good deal AND such a fun game! Just don't get it if you have XP. Apparantly it doesn't work on that IIRC.
    EDIT:Anyone know how long this deal is? I can't get it tonight...
    And perhaps anyone that owns the DLC say which ones are good and which to avoid?

• Today's Daily Deal is mini ninjas, a third-person 'platformer' about... well, guess. £2.49 / $3.74.

I'd recommend this - I've been having a lot of fun with the PS3 version.

Midweek Madness is twofold this week, with both 'games' being half price.

Plants vs. Zombies is £1.75 / $2.49, while Dear Esther is £3.49 / $2.49. Hence the quotes around 'game'.

Also, Sonic 4: Episode II is out now. Joy, or something. I guess.

Add Comment