User Avatar Image

Sacrifice one TV show or game to save another

posted by CapnJay on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

If you could sacrifice one tv series or game you enjoy to renew a series or get a sequel what would you choose?

I'd Sacrifice Dexter for Terra Nova

I'd Sacrifice Assassins Creed for a Rule of Rose 2

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That would be the one. The third season went a bit astray trying a last gasp to find a wider audience, but the core of the show was excellent.

• @Darth Marsden said: Let's see... I'd sacrifice Portal, Half-Life and Fallout for a new System Shock.

How can so many of you be willing to get rid of Portal?! It is, in my (the right) opinion, the best game ever made.

@Darth Marsden said: But Portal 2 isn't a great game. :)

No, it is.

• @TomPravetz said: How can so many of you be willing to get rid of Portal?! It is, in my (the right) opinion, the best game ever made.

I agree with you on that.

@TomPravetz said: No, it is.

I don't agree with byou on that. Portal 2 is quite bad. I don't need it. Just put the Editor in Portal 1 and it will be fine.

• @TomPravetz said: How can so many of you be willing to get rid of Portal?! It is, in my (the right) opinion, the best game ever made.

It may be amazing, but it's also only 3 hours long. I prefer my games to last longer than an evening.

• @der_ketzer said: I don't agree with byou on that. Portal 2 is quite bad. I don't need it. Just put the Editor in Portal 1 and it will be fine.

This is the internet and you made a typo. Therefore, I won this argument. My opinion is now fact.

@der_ketzer said: It may be amazing, but it's also only 3 hours long. I prefer my games to last longer than an evening.

That's what makes it so great, though! Sure, it could carry on and on and on, but then it'd just run itself dry. It stops at the perfect time, right when your at the peak of fun.

• @Darth Marsden said: It may be amazing, but it's also only 3 hours long. I prefer my games to last longer than an evening.

But see, it's short and doesn't outlast its welcome. I tend to favor more compact games because then I don't spend the end of it relieved that it's over, but rather anxious to go back to the beginning and play it again.

For instance, when I finished my Baldur's Gate II playthrough I was practically dancing on the ceiling. Two months of playing the same game does that to me.

• Woah! Chillax, guys. I'm not saying Portal's a bad game - I wouldn't sacrifice it if I did - it's just that I find the shortness of it is slightly off-putting. That's all. I enjoy games that have a huge amount of depth to them more than a three-hour romp. Also, I play about half a dozen games at the same time, so burnout's not really an issue :p

OK, I'd sacrifice everything Tim Schafer makes for the rest of his life in exchange for a decent Ultima game.

• @Alcoremortis said: But see, it's short and doesn't outlast its welcome.

It has the perfect length for a game like that.
    Portal 2 is way too long (you could split it right in the middle and make 2 better games out of it just by doing that) and has these horrible hose-like levels with the blue annoyance orb in the first half of the game. Those aren't fun to replay at all.

@Alcoremortis said: This is the internet and you made a typo. Therefore, I won this argument. My opinion is now fact.

That just made me smile. You are desperate.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Wait, who fixed the thread title?!

Ahhhhh... Guru did. ;)

• @Vainamoinen said: Wait, who fixed the thread title?!

Ahhhhh... Guru did. ;)

Now I can't remember the original!

Anyway, I'd sacrifice all future episodes of doctor who for a single season with the 8th Doctor.

Add Comment