User Avatar Image

Tell Tale Disappointment

posted by Moist Mischief on - last edited - Viewed by 516 users

Im a huge than of the classic point & click games! From Space Quest, Indiana jones & the fate of atlantis, The Dig all the way to Day of the tentacle and full throttle. But honestly do not understand the need for the latest exclusives and episodes. If your going to make a game release it for everyone to play! Im currently playing Walking Dead on 360 and would like tales from monkey island, back to the future and jurassic park also. But make a game and release it! not a bit at a time! Just release the damn game on every platform all at once!

40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The timeline for episodes is generally about a month between episodes. If it's going to be more, then Telltale are extremely apologetic about the delay. They're kind of human like that.

• @Alcoremortis said: I don't like the insinuation that I didn't work. I got payed three slices of pizza for my services, thank you very much!

Now that you mention it, my comment DOES come off like that :D

Actually I thought you were one of the lucky forum members, that got their name in the credits because of some (non-contractual) stuff ;)

• @Laserschwert said: Now that you mention it, my comment DOES come off like that :D

Actually I thought you were one of the lucky forum members, that got their name in the credits because of some (non-contractual) stuff ;)

Nah, I would one of the lucky forum members who happened to live close by with nothing to do on Saturdays. Sometimes Sundays.

• @flash-900 said: I like the idea of episodic gaming, think fair and nice for developing of game, what I have a problem with it is when we get around to it attitude, when you mention the fact there is no timetable here , the next one could be god knows when, all you get is didn’t you know it was episodic gaming. Well derrr, The game is made the first part is released, just like any other episodic be tv or other, you might have to wait for first season but once started you know when each epp is coming and have some structure,

Oh there will be a timetable, internally at least. The team will have deadlines and milestones set and the dates to hit them. But I fully understand why they don't release that information mainly because of the backlash they would get if they missed a date by as little as a day. Also problems can and do occur which also effect release dates. So they keep their cards close to their chest so that when they give a date they can be as confident that they will meet that date as they can. Sure it's a little frustrating for the user but it's really not that hard to be patient.

• Okay. It's clear you don't like episodic content.

• @flash-900 said: Well if they stuffed up and were not ready yet, don’t release the first one, so we pay full price so they can beta test lame

It would not be so bad if we paid per epp, we should have a discount for being beta testers

what?

I don't understand you.

• @flash-900 said: Well if they stuffed up and were not ready yet, don’t release the first one, so we pay full price so they can beta test lame

It would not be so bad if we paid per epp, we should have a discount for being beta testers

We're not beta testers. The beta testers get paid in pizza.

• You know, I always thought that pre-ordering would grant you rights to special content. Like discounts on special editions or other stuff.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@GaryCXJk said: You know, I always thought that pre-ordering would grant you rights to special content. Like discounts on special editions or other stuff.

You are still granted the rights to see the insider's forum for the game you pre-ordered. That's still a pre-order exclusive.

Add Comment