User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 41.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 15€ for the DLC? Wow, that's expensive. Or is the conversion rate just that bad?

(Probably a bit of both, right?)

• @Darth Marsden said: 15€ for the DLC? Wow, that's expensive. Or is the conversion rate just that bad?

(Probably a bit of both, right?)

It was just an upgrade to the full game which has the same price.

• Ah. Fair enough.

...wait, how was there an upgrade? Upgrade from what?

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah. Fair enough.

The free to play version that had the multiplayer only.

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah. Fair enough.

The core game has now changed to a free-to-play multiplayer-only version, with the campaign now set out as DLC. So, essentially, the campaign we've always owned has to be given back to us via DLC, because the core game has become something less than it initially was. It's not an upgrade for us, the previous owners of this content, but rather just a shifting of classification.

• @Rather Dashing said: The core game has now changed to a free-to-play multiplayer-only version, with the campaign now set out as DLC. So, essentially, the campaign we've always owned has to be given back to us via DLC, because the core game has become something less than it initially was. It's not an upgrade for us, the previous owners of this content, but rather just a shifting of classification.

Ah, thank you. What a confusing way of going about it!

This 'Legend of the Beast' DLC though... that's actually new stuff as opposed to the original single-player stuff, right?

• It seems it is but I have no idea why anyone would need it.

• GamersGate has Saints Row 3, and for the first time to my knowledge, most of the DLC, on sale. Even the Season Pass is half-off.

• But they will only sell me the German version. No thanks.

• Also, if the PC port of Saints Row 2 is anything to go buy, it's best played on a console.

Also on sale at GamersGate (and redeemable on Steam) is Blades of Time, which is 20% off. If you're gonna get it, I'd recommend the Special Edition, which is only a fraction more expensive than the standard edition and adds some DLC, the soundtrack, wallpapers, an art book and a 'limited edition map for the Outbreak mode', whatever that is. Link to the UK version.

Today's Daily Deal is Take On Helicopters, a game about flying, well, helicopters. £15.99 / $24.99.

In place of a Weekend Deal (at least I think it's in place of one, I'm not sure yet) we get an Ubisoft Weekend! The entire Ubisoft catalogue is 33% off, and each day one particular franchise gets even bigger reductions!

Today we get the Ghost Recon series. Here's the full list:

Ghost Recon - £1.49 / $2.49
    Ghost Recon: Desert Siege - 74p / $1.24
    Ghost Recon: Island Thunder - 74p / $1.24
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - £1.74 / $2.49
    Ghost Recon: Advenced Warfighter II - 2.49, whatever your currency (hmm)

All the above: £6.24 / $7.49.

You can also pre-order the Deluxe edition of Ghost Recon: Future Warrior for the same price as the standard edition, so if you wanted it, now's a good time to go get it!

Add Comment