User Avatar Image

Could The Walking Dead be the second Telltale licence to get more than one season?

posted by Woodsyblue on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

So Telltale are doing a season of The Walking Dead. Now we know next to nothing about the game so far so it may sound greedy to ask for more than one season already but in this case I think it's keeping in line with the text.

Robert Kirkman, writer and creator of The Walking Dead said in his introduction to the comics:

[quote]For me the worst part of every zombie movie is the end. I always want to know what happens next. Even when all the characters die at the end... I want it to keep going.

More often than not, zombie movies feel like a slice of a person's life shown until whoever is in charge of the movie gets bored. So we get to know the character, they have an adventure and then, BOOM, as soon as things start getting good... those pesky credits start rolling.

The idea behind THE WALKING DEAD is to stay with the character, in this case, Rick Grimes for as long as humanly possible. I want The Walking Dead to be a chronicle of years of Rick's life. We will NEVER wonder what happens to Rick next, we will see it. The Walking Dead will be the zombie movie that never ends.

Well... not for a good long time at least.[/quote]

If Telltale only did one season it would seem to be going against what The Walking Dead is all about. Though the game would obviously need to be successful to justify more than one season.

Now for the record I'd like to see more Monkey Island but if that becomes an impossibility because of LusasArts going back to the dark side of the force then I think The Walking Dead would make the most sense for the second multi-season Telltale game.

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • how do we tell kirkman? I tried telling Bryan lee Omalley i liked scott pilgrim on twitter and he didn't even notice. so how do we do it?

• Brain and Robert are two different people so give twitter a shoot, robert also does a monthly comic with a letters section so email that. he's also got his own website with I believe a forum on that and email...so there's plenty of ways to tell him you want a season 2

• @The Grey Ghost said: Brain and Robert are two different people so give twitter a shoot, robert also does a monthly comic with a letters section so email that. he's also got his own website with I believe a forum on that and email...so there's plenty of ways to tell him you want a season 2

Any links like to his twitter and site and such?

• You cam always use google

• @The_Ripper said: Lucasarts should do so many things... :rolleyes:

It's not the Lucasarts I knew years ago :( . Now they should be known as "StarwarsArts".

This sums up my feelings exactly.

Not that they make bad Star Wars games, but... it seems a shame that they used to be so much more innovative than they are now.

• @Cpt. Sqweky said: This sums up my feelings exactly.

Not that they make bad Star Wars games, but... it seems a shame that they used to be so much more innovative than they are now.

Its a cycle, of yiu listn to retronauts manic mansion episode the lead on that says the tide on what Lucas arts changes depending on a few factors such as studio head, to what the devs want to make

• I have just been watching some video footage on telltale's web site and I see there is an episode 6,7and 8 so maybe there is going to be a season 2. I sure hope so

• @patchcookie said: I have just been watching some video footage on telltale's web site and I see there is an episode 6,7and 8 so maybe there is going to be a season 2. I sure hope so

do u have a link for the video:D

• if you click on games at the top of this page and then walking dead. then scroll along the bottom you will see that it does not stop at episode 5 but carrys on 6.7and eight it's on telltale's site sorry don't have a link

• @patchcookie said: if you click on games at the top of this page and then walking dead. then scroll along the bottom you will see that it does not stop at episode 5 but carrys on 6.7and eight it's on telltale's site sorry don't have a link

Just checked that, the 6-8 is for PLAYING Dead, which is the developers talking about the game, not the game itself.

This discussion has been closed.