User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Why you no have license to this? Insted all we get is a shitty si:confused:de scroller!!!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Friar said: That's a question that has been asked many times before, and has never been given a satisfactory answer. It's probably down to the BBC being reluctant to license it out to an overseas company with staff who didn't necessarily grow up with it. And then there's the difficulty in them still having a hand in plot development, and getting the actor in to do voices.

It really, really needs to happen. I can only hope that when the current batch of licenses ttg has runs out, it'll become a reality, in time for the anniversary.

That's why.

• Why doesn't TTG have the licence to make Torchwood the game?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Same reason it doesn't have it for Doctor Who: The Game. BBC owns the license, blah blah blah.

Agree that Torchwood would make a good game in the right hands. It's definitely more action-oriented, so you could have your standard first/third person shooter instead of an adventure game, if you should so wish. It's just a shame that Torchwood never really took off quite as much as it deserved to. :(

• @Darth Marsden said: Same reason it doesn't have it for Doctor Who: The Game. BBC owns the license, blah blah blah.

Agree that Torchwood would make a good game in the right hands. It's definitely more action-oriented, so you could have your standard first/third person shooter instead of an adventure game, if you should so wish. It's just a shame that Torchwood never really took off quite as much as it deserved to. :(

I think you could make a decent case out of the doctor who license actually being owned by the public, given that we technically own the BBC with the license fee and all that.

On that basis, I award telltale the license. On the condition that they make android games.

Please?

• There is a license out there that screams TellTale and I will do anything short of selling my children to help see it through. (I'm kidding about the kids, I would totally sell them. Package deal though, no backsies.)

It's Megas XLR, a show on Cartoon Network for a couple of seasons. If you are unfamiliar youtube has some clips, but to summarize we'll list off the key elements:

1. Giant Mechs
    2. Two guys from Jersey piloting a mech
    3. Space chick trying to get mech back to win a war
    4. Evil incompetent villains with tentacles for faces
    5. A running joke involving a weekly demolition of a thinly veiled MTV logo

That's the broad strokes. It had great writing, great characters and it screams
    "Make me a Telltale Game!" It can't really scream though. Please look it up and if this has all been covered before I offer my humblest apologies.

Thanks

• You'll have to excuse me if this belongs in a "Game suggestion" forum, as I couldn't find one.

I think a great collaboration for them would be to work with Valve to make a Team Fortress 2 Game. A "season" of it would consist of 10 (or more episodes), one Episode for Each Character talking about their origins (or similar background story), and at least one episode where they work together as a team. This seems like a dynamite idea to me.

• I think it would be awesome if you guys did a "Tremors" game. that'd be great or try your hands at remaking Friday the 13th, but mainly Tremors thats the game of the future

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

There's been so many suggestions of different franchises for possible Telltale games. The moderators like to keep all of the suggestions in one place, so use this thread. It's dedicated to suggesting what games Telltale should make.

• There are six threads merged into this one on the previous page of this thread alone. It would be pretty neat if the Telltale Forums implemented the "similar threads" function used on several other vBulletin forums. It's not a catch-all solution since these threads tend to have all kinds of random titles, but it might help somewhat.

Add Comment