User Avatar Image

What about KQ appeals to you?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 523 users

What do you love about KQ--What do you love most? What draws you to the series, what are it's best points/features/etc? What drew you to it originally, and with what game did you first meet the series?

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • King Graham's FAB-ulous outfit!!

• Please, point me something more interesting to talk about with regard to KQ here at present, instead of trolling.

• There IS nothing more interesting to talk about regarding King's Quest at the moment. We've had a million threads exactly like this one. Sometimes, I suppose, there just isn't anything more to say about King's Quest. Many of us have been having these same discussions for over a decade now. What do you like about King's Quest? What is your favorite King's Quest? What was the first King's Quest you played? Who is your favorite King's Quest character? Who is your favorite King's Quest villain? What is your favorite King's Quest inventory item?

I know you're trying to stimulate some kind of conversation, but we're really going to have to dig deeper here. Maybe - what is your favorite background from a King's Quest game? Discussing the art, both AGI, SCI and VGA would be cool. What are some of your favorite musical themes from King's Quest?

I don't know. We've pretty much scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as King's Quest discussions.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: There IS nothing more interesting to talk about regarding King's Quest at the moment. We've had a million threads exactly like this one. Sometimes, I suppose, there just isn't anything more to say about King's Quest. Many of us have been having these same discussions for over a decade now. What do you like about King's Quest? What is your favorite King's Quest? What was the first King's Quest you played? Who is your favorite King's Quest character? Who is your favorite King's Quest villain? What is your favorite King's Quest inventory item?

I know you're trying to stimulate some kind of conversation, but we're really going to have to dig deeper here. Maybe - what is your favorite background from a King's Quest game? Discussing the art, both AGI, SCI and VGA would be cool. What are some of your favorite musical themes from King's Quest?

I don't know. We've pretty much scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as King's Quest discussions.

Bt

When a series has been pretty much dead for 14 years, it leaves little to talk about. As you said we've gone over tons of stuff--favorite characters, villains, favorite worlds, favorite costumes, etc. Yes, I am just trying to spark some POSITIVE conversation here. We've been down this road with this sort of topic but I figured it was better than nothing.

I could make a topic about that, if it isn't considered discussing minutia.

This is just one small reason why I do want TT's KQ to happen. For better or for worse, if the game is good or if it is bad, it will still give us something NEW to talk about, discuss, debate, etc. For good or ill, it will inject life into the community and the series.

• A fair point. But you'll find a difference of opinion because everybody won't share yours. That being, namely, one might rather have nothing to talk about than to get a bad KQ game. We don't NEED something to talk about. Some of us just WANT something to talk about.

• King Graham's FAB-ulous outfit!!

You mean the one that Simpleton from the Golden Goose wore back in a book published the early 1900's?
    Simpleton_takes_The_Golden_Goose_to_the_

• and again, having played KQ4 first, I always imagine Graham's hat as being green-ish. When it appears blue in some games, it looks weird to me.

• That may have only been because of the 16-colour limitation and the attempt to add as much colour variety as possible. Maybe.

• Depending on the sprite it is green or light blue in KQ4 (and both, but mostly blue)... Some might describe it as 'marbled'. (or if you are color blind it might appear all green)...

The sprite on the table next to the throne is 'light blue'. The small sprite as it flies through the air is 'light blue'. It's 'light blue' as it sits ont he ground from a distance.

The closeup as it spins through the air is mostly light blue, with an slight shaded edge of green. The closeup while sits on the ground is 'light blue' with slight shaded edges in green.

It was definitely light blue in the early games, KQ1, KQ2, and KQ3.

GrahamKQ4closeup2.png
    GrahamKQ4closeup.png

AdventurecapKQ4.png

But ya, the sprites are mostly 'light blue' in KQ4, with some 'green' shading.

Add Comment