User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 93.9K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Was going to do a mini-review of Rize of the Fenix.

Unfortunately, while I was looking something up, a pop-up came up (one of those ones that forces the page open with a box prompt).

Had to control-alt-delete the whole thing.

I am not too impressed to say the least.
    (Going to play some Mount & Blade - Napoleonic Wars to cheer myself up :D)

• Hey, if anyone is feeling generous, My cousin is running the Race For Life marathon in June. She's running on behalf of her mother who was diagnosed with an incurable form of cancer (it caused her arm to snap in half getting out of bed, and she was diagnosed when she went to the hospital to get it set.). They've had a rough year and would appreciate all the support you guys can give to cancer research to help develop cures or preventatives so nobody has to go through the trauma they've been through.

Page here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this (incidentally, that's the last line on my C.V. That's 'Resumé' to you american types. :P), and I hope you donate! Every little helps!

• I am so fucking tired of driving to the hospital. Today makes day eight, day five in the ICU.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I am so fucking tired of driving to the hospital. Today makes day eight, day five in the ICU.

Well, if you crash your car, you'll be given a free* lift!

*May not actually be free, depending on healthcare policy in your area.

Hope it's nothing too serious!

• Tobacco free since 1984. :)

• @Friar said: Hey, if anyone is feeling generous, My cousin is running the Race For Life marathon in June. She's running on behalf of her mother who was diagnosed with an incurable form of cancer (it caused her arm to snap in half getting out of bed, and she was diagnosed when she went to the hospital to get it set.). They've had a rough year and would appreciate all the support you guys can give to cancer research to help develop cures or preventatives so nobody has to go through the trauma they've been through.

Page here. !

Sure! :)

Good luck to your cousin and aunt.

• @Friar said: Hope it's nothing too serious!

My mom had two seizures four weeks ago tomorrow and was put in the hospital for five days. When she got out, she recovered extremely quickly (considering how far she fell, that is. She never made it back to her previous state) and had two good weeks. Last Sunday, due to any number of factors, between the strain of going to church for Mother's Day, missing her medication, or maybe an infection that would've caused it anyway, she had four more and was re-admitted to the hospital.

On Wednesday morning, despite being in the hospital and on double her previous dose of seizure medication, she had seven more seizures within an hour. She was sedated and moved to the ICU while they tried to find the cause of the seizures and stop it. The last report as of a couple days ago was that there was no sign of seizure activity in her brain, so they were trying to wake her up. Unfortunately, she has an auto-immune disease that's severely compromised her liver, so it's taking quite a while for her liver to metabolize the sedative and for her to wake up. And when she does, I don't know how big the impact on her recent memory will be.

So that's why I haven't been around lately. Honestly, I'm not even sure why I'm on here now.

• @JedExodus said: Sure! :)

Good luck to your cousin and aunt.

Wahey! Thanks Jed.

Have some cookies. You'll have to eat them quick, as I don't trust the rest of the people in this thread not to eat them.

cookies-crumbs-in-an-empty-plate-sami-sa

• @GuruGuru214 said: My mom had two seizures four weeks ago tomorrow and was put in the hospital for five days. When she got out, she recovered extremely quickly (considering how far she fell, that is. She never made it back to her previous state) and had two good weeks. Last Sunday, due to any number of factors, between the strain of going to church for Mother's Day, missing her medication, or maybe an infection that would've caused it anyway, she had four more and was re-admitted to the hospital.

On Wednesday morning, despite being in the hospital and on double her previous dose of seizure medication, she had seven more seizures within an hour. She was sedated and moved to the ICU while they tried to find the cause of the seizures and stop it. The last report as of a couple days ago was that there was no sign of seizure activity in her brain, so they were trying to wake her up. Unfortunately, she has an auto-immune disease that's severely compromised her liver, so it's taking quite a while for her liver to metabolize the sedative and for her to wake up. And when she does, I don't know how big the impact on her recent memory will be.

Wow, sounds bad. I don't envy your position. It must be horrible not knowing how bad her condition is. I mean, I get paranoid everytime I get an unexpected phone call, expecting to hear the news that a family member has been in an accident or something, so I have no idea how I'd cope in your situation.

But I'm sure she'll be alright in the long term, you just have to keep optimistic and hope for the best!

• @GuruGuru214 said: My mom had two seizures four weeks ago tomorrow and was put in the hospital for five days. When she got out, she recovered extremely quickly (considering how far she fell, that is. She never made it back to her previous state) and had two good weeks. Last Sunday, due to any number of factors, between the strain of going to church for Mother's Day, missing her medication, or maybe an infection that would've caused it anyway, she had four more and was re-admitted to the hospital.

So that's why I haven't been around lately. Honestly, I'm not even sure why I'm on here now.

Your mother and family are very lucky to have someone like yourself around Guru. I've never had this sort of thing happen to me in my immediate family so I can only imagine how you feel right now.

Hope your mum has a speedy recovery!

This discussion has been closed.