User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 44.2K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @swedish_jedi said: Anyone seen this developer diary for the upcoming Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-diary-doctor-who/730167

Any thoughts about the game? I have a problem with that every DW game they make today is supposed to be an "interactive episode" of the show. Why can't they just focus on making a good game instead?

I'm actually looking forward to it myself. Although I doubt anyone will want to play the co-op side with me (everyone in the household hates the show. Weirdos. :P). Any idea if the PC version has online?

• Hey, whaddya know? Doctor Who is better than Star Wars.

tumblr_m44r51DLVX1qh460io1_1280.jpg

• @Darth Marsden said: Well they had to have something equally as awesome as Episode One, which is the one with every Dalek EVER. It'll be an absolute tragedy if they change it from that name. Best episode title ever.

Especially if it has neither dinosaurs or spaceships.

Speaking of which, the 11th doctor hasn't really had a proper space-ship episode yet, has he? I mean, "The Beast Below" was pretty much only technically a space ship. In all other respects it was just a town. And "Flesh and Stone" was, well, a forest.

• @Friar said: Especially if it has neither dinosaurs or spaceships.

Speaking of which, the 11th doctor hasn't really had a proper space-ship episode yet, has he? I mean, "The Beast Below" was pretty much only technically a space ship. In all other respects it was just a town. And "Flesh and Stone" was, well, a forest.

Victory of the Daleks/Curse of the Black Spot/The Doctor's Wife/A Good Man Goes To War (well, Space Base)/ The God Complex/ Closing Time

In other news, the (heavily cut) first episode of A Thousand Tiny Wings is now on iPlayer.

• The point is that there's not really been an episode set on a spaceship that felt like a spaceship.

Victory of the Daleks - Only for, like, 5 minutes. That doesn't count.
    Curse of the Black Spot - Again, only at the resolution.
    The Doctor's Wife - Technically that's an alien planet. Of sorts.
    A Good Man Goes To War (well, Space Base) - Answered yourself there.
    The God Complex - It didn't feel like a spaceship.
    Closing Time - Briefly, at the end. Doesn't count.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Hey, hey, what about "The Girl in the Fireplace"? ;)

@Friar said: Especially if it has neither dinosaurs or spaceships.

Dinosaurs AND spaceships? Why, this has never been done before!!

1512473-L.jpg

Add Comment