User Avatar Image

2011, Buh-Bye!

posted by Debbie82 on - last edited - Viewed by 327 users

To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean".

2011 was hairy,
A year unlike any we've seen.
There were Schweddy Balls from Ben & Jerry,
And a warlock assassin named Sheen! (Winning!)

Lohan! Strauss-Kahn!
Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and Cain!
("Three 9's!")
Big trials! Love childs!
2011, bye-bye!

The S&P blew up our rating.
The job market stayed in a slump. (A slump!)
The debt ceiling kept us debating,
While Weiner just tweeted his junk!

Tax more! Class war!
"I nearly got hit with a pie."
("That's mine!")
Health threats! Greek debts!
2011, buh-bye!

The whole Arab world was rebelling.
So long, Muammar Gaddafi!
While soldiers were asking and telling...
[Bert & Ernie:] "We told the whole world we're not gay!"
We finally took out bin Laden.
Japan had one hell of a year. (A year!)
There were riots in Britain: "All rotten!"
[Harold Camping:] "The Rapture!"
[2012 "Seer":] "Not yet, but it's near." (Next year!)

Got hitched, got ditched!
Got knocked up; went bankrupt;
[Netflix:] "We unsubscribed!"
Hairspray! "Friday"!
2011, buh-bye!

There were Occupy Wall Street protesters,
And folks who will surely be missed.
Falling satellites! Panicked investors!
There's just way too much left to list! (To list!)

Quakes! Crimes! New signs!
Loose lions and tigers and bears!
(Oh my!)
Let's cheer the new year!
You're ending, thank heaven!
2011, BUH-BYE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zls4Ao3GyM

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: On the other hand, what possible use could you have for a loaded gun while speeding down the highway anyways? Other than shooting people?

Given how horrible SoCal's traffic can be, especially around LA, I think this was mainly to prevent road rage from escalating too much.

Shooting people who try to steal your car? That's why it's legal here. I'd rather dispose of a car thief than worry about my car and the people inside it. It's damn expensive to convert a car for me to drive it and my insurance doesn't cover it. Why the hell should I value the life of someone trying to steal my car over that?

@Alcoremortis said: By that rationale, every law is stupid. Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to!

:p

That was uncalled for, don't you think?

@Alcoremortis said: Okay.

Hey comrade.
    Fights don't include guns.
    Typically, no. A "gunfight" is usually over far too quickly to consider it analogous to a real, physical fight. I always thought of fights as unarmed in any real sense, anyway.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Comrade Pants said: Shooting people who try to steal your car? That's why it's legal here. I'd rather dispose of a car thief than worry about my car and the people inside it. It's damn expensive to convert a car for me to drive it and my insurance doesn't cover it. Why the hell should I value the life of someone trying to steal my car over that?

But, you'd still be able to load the gun and shoot it. You could have the bullets in a compartment under the dash and the gun in the glove compartment.

Keeping a loaded gun anywhere when it's not in your hand is a bad idea.

• @Comrade Pants said: That was uncalled for, don't you think?

Hmm, I felt that the ' :p ' symbol was a clear indication that I was joking. Having said that, I find it a bit rich that you're acting all butthurt considering how incredibly insensitive you can be towards other peoples opinions and emotions.

For example, I'd suggest that your previous attitude regarding myself being a vegetarian was pretty fucking uncalled for, as was your recent blasé dismissal of people with religious beliefs... don't you think?

• @Jennifer said: But, you'd still be able to load the gun and shoot it. You could have the bullets in a compartment under the dash and the gun in the glove compartment.

Keeping a loaded gun anywhere when it's not in your hand is a bad idea.

I disagree. A loaded gun can be a useful tool to have in handy. Well, as long as there aren't kids or other people who could find it and be stupid with it.

@Jennifer said: For example, I'd suggest that your previous attitude regarding myself being a vegetarian was pretty fucking uncalled for, don't you think?

Wasn't that, like, two months ago?

• @Comrade Pants said: Wasn't that, like, two months ago?

I never received an apology, so why should I apologise to you or worry about stepping on your toes?

• @St_Eddie said: I never received an apology, so why should I apologise to you or worry about stepping on your toes?

Hm... A fair assumption. And while I don't want anyone to worry about stepping on my toes, I thought it a genuine insult that seemed unwarranted. But whatever. Sorry.

• Hey, you know...I don't think there needs to be anymore arguing. Also...I keep forgetting it's 2012.

• @Comrade Pants said: Shooting people who try to steal your car? That's why it's legal here. I'd rather dispose of a car thief than worry about my car and the people inside it. It's damn expensive to convert a car for me to drive it and my insurance doesn't cover it. Why the hell should I value the life of someone trying to steal my car over that?

Who would be trying to steal your car while you're driving it? And if someone's stealing your car while you're outside it and they're in the car with your loaded gun... that kinda sounds like a really bad combination.

The only real time I can see this as being beneficial would be if you were parked somewhere, sitting in your car and someone came up to the window and started threatening. In which case, I would say it's a little late for firearms anyways. I mean, at that range, you could just punch them out and be done with it. And if they've got a gun, they'd probably shoot you before you could get yours. And if you see them coming from a distance... maybe this would be a good time to just, you know, drive away?

• @Alcoremortis said: Who would be trying to steal your car while you're driving it? And if someone's stealing your car while you're outside it and they're in the car with your loaded gun... that kinda sounds like a really bad combination.

The only real time I can see this as being beneficial would be if you were parked somewhere, sitting in your car and someone came up to the window and started threatening. In which case, I would say it's a little late for firearms anyways. I mean, at that range, you could just punch them out and be done with it. And if they've got a gun, they'd probably shoot you before you could get yours. And if you see them coming from a distance... maybe this would be a good time to just, you know, drive away?

Plus, if you shoot a guy trying to get in your car, you'll likely shoot the car too. Much better to confront the person (most criminals when confronted are likely to flee), or let the cops handle it and claim of your insurance. That's what it's there for afterall!

Add Comment