User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 15.7K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1.) Windows firewall turned off. No other firewall installed.
    2.) No antivirus running in background, I perform Malware Bytes scans when needed.
    3.) Internet off or on doesn't matter, it just crashes instantly.

I have tried every method available that I have found using Google over the past couple weeks and to no avail. I assumed at first it was because I was using windows 8 consumer preview but this seems to be an issue that is affecting all windows OS'es and not just mine.

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, the Windows 7 internal Firewall (if i turn it off this game still doesn't run)

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Yes, Avira Free Antivirus; Yes, is up to date, No

No

• any updates on this issues?

• Screen errors http://imageshack.us/f/151/20120514120426.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/94/20120514120437.jpg/

Win 7 64 bit and Win XP too have this error
    Antivirus Kaspersky disabled
    Firewalls disabled enabled no help
    Video card Geforce 250 gts

After run game http://imageshack.us/f/190/20120514121225.jpg/

after click to continue

http://imageshack.us/f/232/20120514121315.jpg/

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    yes security essent. yes

yes security essentials. microsoft, yes, no. tried it with disabling it even

nope

• I don't get any visible error messages, I can see in my Processes list the "WalkingDead101.exe*32" appears briefly and then disappears right away.

In case it's the same issue, here are my responses to the questions

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

Using Norton Internet Security, and Steam has full access.

Same as above, its up to date, and not blocking. I even turned off all of the firewall and A/V settings and still no luck.

Doesn't work in any situation.

• 1 Yes
    2 Yes, Microsoft Security Essential
    3 No

No

No

No......

i also tried all that stuff , first time i started it it says that Error Message, now when i start it, in steam it says iam in the game for about 3 seconds, then im back at the status online......

need help :-(

• I'm from Vietnam, I very love this game.. but i can't play with this eror

Telltale Games has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry...
    My Computer: 1GB, 1,6GHz, Windows XP
    2bcc7ee19d1a9103daefacaeafaf503d_4518609
    or
    scaled.php?server=208&filename=2131o.jpg

-software firewall?? like how? is it windows firewall..if so then yes.. other than that i have no other firewalls..

-yes! im using norton internet security.. just bought it earlier this year...

-no! im sad.. i just bought it and i cant play.. im playing it from steam.. i cant play the game.. can u please help me as i just finished my final exam and i want to release some tension.. thank you very much! i love zombie games!

This discussion has been closed.