User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 44.6K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: Me too!

[Deelishus fewd and lokal booze]

Local Bahamian fish (snapper) and local beer. So good.

That does look good. All I have is groceries and Tsingtao. So...

Three cheers for Chinese booze and a personal pizza, eh? Eh?

• @DrRocketGenius said: eefc_genius_billionaire.jpg

ThinkGeek has them this weekend only!

Damn. I'm so tempted to get this. But I wouldn't be able to wear it because I don't really fit ANY of those categories. And they don't have my size.

• 936full-max-payne-cover.jpg844_932039.jpgmaxpayne3_coverart2.jpg

Also got the soundtrack with Max Payne 3...it's kind of a twisted little collection of lullabies that ease my trouble mind into sleep.

• @puzzlebox said: Me too!

[ATTACH]2999[/ATTACH]

Local Bahamian fish (snapper) and local beer. So good.

That looks so awesome. Damn my under 21- ness!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAElG99CaC0kSAAF2SpTr

I just hope this gives me some new ideas and lets me churn out more ART this year.

Next up:

1528.jpg

But money's tight this month. I bought too much STUFFS, which is... unlike me.

• @Alcoremortis said: Damn. I'm so tempted to get this. But I wouldn't be able to wear it because I don't really fit ANY of those categories. And they don't have my size.

Come on, Alcore. We all know how much of a playboy you are, you don't need to hide it. ;)

• @Rather Dashing said: Come on, Alcore. We all know how much of a playboy you are, you don't need to hide it. ;)

Scary thoughts... in brain... WHY, BRAIN!? WHY!?

• I was attending a pop culture convention this weekend. Browsing through an old book dealer, I spotted a weathered magazine with the title of "LA PETITE ILLUSTRATION". On it, there was a still from the movie Metropolis.

WYprn.jpg

The dealer lit up when he noticed my interest and started getting excited by the fact that someone my age was interested in Metropolis, he took it out of its sleeve and showed me the pictures within. It had illustrations from scenes that, until the recent restoration, was lost. He had gotten it from a 90 year old French man who knew his grandchildren wouldn't appreciate his collection. The price written on it was 575. He offered it for 450 to me.

It was a hard choice, but the next day I did it. I haggled down to 425 and got it. It was a difficult purchase to make, but I did it because it just calling out to me. He told me to treasure it and never let it go because it was something really special.

I got home and looked up copies for sale.

Welp. I think I made a good purchase. I'm keeping this close to my heart. :)

• @ted12 said: That looks so awesome. Damn my under 21- ness!

Legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18, so unless you have under 18-ness, don't let that stop you.

• @WarpSpeed said: Legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18, so unless you have under 18-ness, don't let that stop you.

Don't let under 21 stop you, either. It's a shitty, arbitrary law. Just like marijuana prohibition. Drink up, comrade. Who's going to stop you?

Add Comment