User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 23.2K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Alcoremortis said: Damn. I'm so tempted to get this. But I wouldn't be able to wear it because I don't really fit ANY of those categories.

Not fitting any of the categories makes it all the more amusing!

@Alcoremortis said: Don't let under 21 stop you, either. It's a shitty, arbitrary law.

It's fucking ridiculous. At the age of 18 you're old enough to vote, drive a car, smoke tobacco, get married, have a child, even go to war... but no drinking, nope. You're not responsible enough for that yet.

• @puzzlebox said: It's fucking ridiculous. At the age of 18 you're old enough to vote, drive a car, smoke tobacco, get married, have a child, even go to war... but no drinking, nope. You're not responsible enough for that yet.

In the United States, at least, you can own - in most jurisdictions - a semiautomatic rifle at age 18 without any oversight or training whatsoever, but a beer is verboten. Let that sink in for a while. I got my AKM at age 19. Couldn't drink for two more years, though.

• @Comrade Pants said: In the United States, at least, you can own - in most jurisdictions - a semiautomatic rifle at age 18, but a beer is verboten. Let that sink in for a while. I got my AKM at age 19. Couldn't drink for two more years, though.

So, what you're saying is we need to raise age restrictions on firearms to well over 21.

• @Rather Dashing said: So, what you're saying is we need to raise age restrictions on firearms to well over 21.

What I'm saying, Dash, is that it's fairly strange that I was able to get a gun - a tool that requires discipline and responsibility to use in anything but a reckless manner - without any oversight whatsoever at 19 while beer - which harms only oneself (usually and when used in ungodly quantities) is off limits until you're 21.

I think people aged 18 should be able to drink. Also, for what it's worth, I think that maybe we should ensure that people have some measure of competency when purchasing firearms.

• I believe that the age restriction on alcohol is based on studies that show that underage drinking can lead to an alcohol dependency or damage brain maturation. However, the age of twenty-one is still rather arbitrary. Some people's brains mature earlier and some later.

I'm holding out on drinking for awhile yet. I want ALL of the mileage out of my brain.

• @Alcoremortis said: I believe that the age restriction on alcohol is based on studies that show that underage drinking can lead to an alcohol dependency or damage brain maturation. However, the age of twenty-one is still rather arbitrary. Some people's brains mature earlier and some later.

I'm holding out on drinking for awhile yet. I want ALL of the mileage out of my brain.

pennywise.gif

That's funny.

As a side note: this gif is far creepier than I ever dreamt it could be.

• It's hilarious. That scene is great.

• @Johro said: It's hilarious. That scene is great.

Finally, we agree. It's probably my favorite scene in the movie. I wish Pennywise did birthdays~

Add Comment