User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Agreed, HD re-release of Curse will be a blast! For me curse tie with lechuck's rev, both is the best in the series. No hope for lucasarts though their gaming dev division seems to be in stagnant now. Only licensing to other studio for quick money, kinect starwars yawn... sigh...

• If Telltale gets their hands on Indiana Jones, then edwardkoo is right.

Did anyone hear about the cancelled movie?

• I don't think Curse really needs to be remade.

Grim Fandango, on the other hand...

• I played it again after reading this and finishing it ridiculously quickly. The art feels a bit clunky by now. I'd buy a special version.

A whole new game - i'd love.

Grim Fandango, too. That was a fantastic game!

• Well if you know what to do, you can whizz through most Adventure games in an hour or two. A lot of the fun of the genre is just exploring, seeing all the world and talking to the characters within it. The Monkey Island games in particular - a lot of the charm and humour comes from exploring ALL the conversation topics, not just the ones essential to finishing the game.

Unfortunately that does mean limited replay value, but eh, you know what you're getting into with these things.

• @Darth Marsden said: Well if you know what to do, you can whizz through most Adventure games in an hour or two. A lot of the fun of the genre is just exploring, seeing all the world and talking to the characters within it. The Monkey Island games in particular - a lot of the charm and humour comes from exploring ALL the conversation topics, not just the ones essential to finishing the game.

Unfortunately that does mean limited replay value, but eh, you know what you're getting into with these things.

True to an extent... I explored a lot, but I suppose I've prolly played MI3 far too much over the years!

Wonder if theres a quick way to know which MI was actually longest. I'd guess MI2 takes longer for most people to play normally than 1 & 3?

• Probably MI2, especially if you don't know that you're doing. But I dunno, MI3 might edge it out of position thanks to that seemingly endless conversation you have with LeChuck towards the end of the game.

• I'm pretty sure you can skip a lot of that conversation with the right dialogue choices.

• @Darth Marsden said: I'm pretty sure you can skip a lot of that conversation with the right dialogue choices.

LA LA LA! I'm not listing LA LA LA!

• @coolsome said: LA LA LA! I'm not listing LA LA LA!

I said I'M PRETTY SURE YOU CAN SKIP A LOT OF THAT CONVERSATION WITH...

Add Comment