User Avatar Image

Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

posted by SylvF on - last edited - Viewed by 14.7K users

Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

573 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • is it really so hard to just upload the soundtrack to iTunes or there own website. i mean come were not asking for much just the game music and some nice cover art that's about it or maybe im missing somthing about the complexity of uploading music

• I don't understand! Are they doing this on purpose? Maybe - oh no! - they don't care about Sam & Max anymore!?

• @FrankT said: I don't understand! Are they doing this on purpose? Maybe - oh no! - they don't care about Sam & Max anymore!?

Would not go that far but i could guess that the only reason we probably won't be seeing a cd release like the other 2 seasons is that telltale probably was not expecting a return investment from the season 3 soundtrack sales.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'm pretty sure sales are not the problem (although, the longer they wait...).

Telltale wanted to move to a new warehouse and they did, but I'm not sure if that played out the way they planned. Since then, the stuff in their (physical) store has significantly decreased in number and diversity. You can still order a few T-Shirts and posters there, but that's about it. All the soundtracks are gone and there haven't really been efforts to release interesting merchandise for Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead, both hugely successful franchises. It just doesn't seem to be the area of Telltale's expansion or center of interest at the moment.

I have hopes for the Season 3 soundtrack again when something actually happens in the Telltale store, be it more merchandise for present and future game franchises or any actual CD/DVD releases, including the seemingly abandoned game Season DVD. I'm confident that we will at least see a definite push in the right direction there in the future, but I'm unsure whether that might still bring us the Season 3 soundtrack.

I liked what JEJ did in Jurassic Park and the Walking Dead, but there was hardly as much effort spent as in the epochal Season 3 soundtrack, the longest and most diverse soundtrack Telltale has done to date. It's such a pity that this soundtrack has no disc release - and also, that present Telltale games just do not have as much music as the last S&M effort.

I wonder what would ensue happen in these respects when they actually announced a Season 4...

• I am now begging the staff members who can read this to rectify the problem soon! :(

• *signs into TellTale after few weeks away*
    Any news...nope
    *leaves*

• @Junaid said: *ahum*
    https://twitter.com/telarium/status/207587302606766081

He means listening to the source tracks, not to a soundtrack album. I wish.

• @Jake said: He means listening to the source tracks, not to a soundtrack album. I wish.

Can we at least have that i mean it cant be hard to upload source tracks and digitally distribute thme

Add Comment