45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: Come on. The Witcher 3 exclusively on Origin. That would be awesome!

You come on. I mean, you WANT me to ban people for saying stuff like this. :D

• @Vainamoinen said: You come on. I mean, you WANT me to ban people for saying stuff like this. :D

I do and I would accept that ban actually in this case.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Half an hour till the press conference... I'll shower later. Got my popcorn ready. :)

Let's live blog here a little.

5 minutes in... show hasn't started. Whatever release date they announce, add two months.

8 minutes in Incredible. 10,000+ viewers stare at nothing!

9 minutes in They started, but are now reviewing The Witcher 2 enhanced edition. Isn't that yesterday's news??

10 minutes That speaker sure looks terrified. Too much pressure?

12 minutes in NO DRM, they said it ALOUD!!!!

14 minutes Witcher 2 now 30% off for a week.

17 minutes. Huh, they're giving presents to their reviewers.

They're going Mac now by porting TW2EE.

22 minutes The new IP is CYBERPUNK. I knew it. ;)

Non-linear story. Different character classes to chose from, customization possible. Lots of upgrades and toys. Not a single screenshot. This will take a while to finish.

28 minutes They've invited Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the Cyberpunk P&P. I must say, he's quite a good speaker.

30 minutes Mike talks a lot about "one man armies". Won't there be teams in the Cyberpunk game?

32 minutes oops, now they're hiring via the press conference?!?

33 minutes Cyberpunk presentation is OVER. Now to the "new" classics on GOG.
    Sid Meier's Colonisation, Tomb Raider 1-2-3 bundle are now online.

35 minutes New game announced is "Retro City Rampage". Seems a bit like GTA in retro-style. Second one is the "Tiny and Big" game. Strange 3D graphics in comic style.

44 minutes now they're re-announcing "Resonance". Old news all that stuff, don't they think? All right, they also announce a demo available to pre-orderers. And 10% off right now.

47 minutes Legend of Grimrock sold 20,000 units on GOG.com in the last two months. They see it as a big success.

49 minutes "DRM free revolution". I like the sound of this. But he's making a slow jam out of it right now. Only rapping would be more embarrassing.

53 minutes All right, and it's over.

• @Darth Marsden said: What do you mean, "the only way"? Could you elaborate on that bit, it's confusing me.

There's an insurance company somewhere that holds the IP rights to System Shock. They're willing to part with the rights, but it sounds like only if the purchaser agrees to use the rights to make a new game and give some of the profits to them.

• @Gibbeynator said: There's an insurance company somewhere that holds the IP rights to System Shock. They're willing to part with the rights, but it sounds like only if the purchaser agrees to use the rights to make a new game and give some of the profits to them.

Ah. Thanks. @Gibbeynator said: 22 minutes The new IP is CYBERPUNK. I knew it. ;)

Non-linear story. Different character classes to chose from, customization possible. Lots of upgrades and toys.Kotaku got on that pretty damn quick.

• I need to have this game. I have decided this.

• @Vainamoinen said:

I hope Secret Fawful doesn't mind when I change the thread title with CDP's actual game name when they announce it...

That's fine. I want this game- it looks and sounds like it will be amazing. Wish I knew more about the universe they're playing with.

• *ahem*

I suggest one of us gets hold of some materials for this P&P rpg, and we could then "research" it. ;P

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@RetroVortex said: *ahem*

I suggest one of us gets hold of some materials for this P&P rpg, and we could then "research" it. ;P

Huh, I played that when it FIRST CAME OUT IN GERMANY. Yup, I'm that old.

/edit: And here's the "pics or it didn't happen" photo of my very first Cyberpunk character. OH GOD THAT WAS 1993.

34q1zd1.jpg

• Weren't the dinosaurs still walking the earth back then?

Add Comment