User Avatar Image

The Murder

posted by The Grey Ghost on - last edited - Viewed by 793 users

As we saw in Episode 1, two people recognized Lee on the murder case based on just his face and first name, Carley and Larry. With murder cases being very public, do you think people the group will encounter in episode 2-5 will also recognize him/remember the case? Do you think that will lead to a situation where Lee might have to kill again to protect himself or his secret from those who would use it against him? Also do you think Ken Sr and/or Katjaa know?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @eblocksonian said: Actually, it's a STATE Senator... I think. I'm pretty sure it's not a Federal Senator. If that was the case, Almost everyone in Georgia should know Lee's face if that was the case.

They might remember that Lee Everett killed a State Senator.

But knowing Lee Everett's face? Think back to the last major case the media followed and ask yourself honestly if you remember all the facial details that were shown on TV. I don't mean things like missing persons (especially kids).

• If it is constantly brought up that Lee is a murderer by complete strangers in the Zombie Apocalypse... Well, I'm not quite sure that I can buy into that. It just seems like a lazy cop-out if that's the way the designers go. Hell, plenty of people don't follow the news and most of the people that do don't retain all of that information. It is just completely ridiculous to think that people will keep bringing up that Lee is a murderer. I think it would be better pursued as a Dark Secret that slowly reveals itself culminating in the reveal at the end of Season 1 which is the way I imagine it will be handled. Constant badgering of the Protagonist about an event not everyone will remember is ludicrous, un-fun, and immersion breaking. Subtle hints at what Lee has done is the way it should be handled in my opinion.

• @ReliusBlue said: If it is constantly brought up that Lee is a murderer by complete strangers in the Zombie Apocalypse... Well, I'm not quite sure that I can buy into that. It just seems like a lazy cop-out if that's the way the designers go. Hell, plenty of people don't follow the news and most of the people that do don't retain all of that information. It is just completely ridiculous to think that people will keep bringing up that Lee is a murderer. I think it would be better pursued as a Dark Secret that slowly reveals itself culminating in the reveal at the end of Season 1 which is the way I imagine it will be handled. Constant badgering of the Protagonist about an event not everyone will remember is ludicrous, un-fun, and immersion breaking. Subtle hints at what Lee has done is the way it should be handled in my opinion.

CheckList time

I'm chet i love food/im night cop i dont know who you are [minus one to knowers]

I'm shawn i'll believe your the babysitter if you tell me [minus one to knowers]

i'm herschel "I don't know who you are or what you did {minus one to knowers]

I'm kenny if i know what you did im not mentioning it [?]

i'm kaatja if i know what you did im not mentioning it [?]

i'm duck i dont know what you did or i'd be blabbing about it [minus 1 to knowers

I'm Carley i'm a reporter so i know about your case {plus 1 to knowers]

I'm doug i just moved here so i dont really know about the family or your case[minus 1 to knowers]

I'm Glenn MACON NATIVE I lived here and knew your parents and know it hurt when i said their names so i say "I used to deliver pizza to the Everetts i mean the couple who lived here" [plus 1 to knowers]

I'm Larry MACON NATIVE I live here I know who you are {Plus 1 to knowers}

I'm Lily MACON NATIVE I live here but havent mentioned your past {?}

So to recap the total amount ot of people who knows lees secret in Episode 1 equals - 1 to - 2

• I'm sure they make sure story points are ok with him. As far as rape, torture, kid killing and such go... It's probably more of an ESRB thing. TWD as intended would DEFINITELY be an AO rated game, and would therefore not be on consoles whatsoever.

• @ADavidson said: I'm sure they make sure story points are ok with him. As far as rape, torture, kid killing and such go... It's probably more of an ESRB thing. TWD as intended would DEFINITELY be an AO rated game, and would therefore not be on consoles whatsoever.

and thats why japan is superior to america Lax morals

• I do in fact believe that in one or more of the episodes to come Lee's back-story ie. murder trial, etc. I feel like how we interacted with Hershel, Doug, and if you chose to save Carley...this may come in handy during a situation like this. Of course some people can't be helped, although we didn't have the option to let them die of the heart attack and being freed of the one person who was negatively holding our "crime" over our head...Larry. Im sure he'll be making people hate us more and more even though we saved his life and Doug died. I LOVED DOUG man.

Add Comment