User Avatar Image

In right to ask a refund

posted by Doucet on - last edited - Viewed by 968 users

Copied from support:
Telltale's episodic games are a series of 2-4 hour, story-driven games that are released online on a regular schedule. The episodes usually have self-contained stories, but they're part of a greater, season-wide arc that becomes apparent as you play the episodes. As with a favorite TV show, the more you play, the more familiar you'll become with the characters and the overarching story.

series of 2-4 hour ? maybe next episode will take 6 hours to do ?

released online on a regular schedule ? Regular....Regular..... mean date ? or month ? maybe years ?

Yea game concept is good, but is that worth the 25$ ?

what you think about it ?

Myself i ask for a refund, cause they dont deliver it....

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dont worry episode 2 will come out.. soon enough and you will be happy to be playing it when it does.. and it will be a better episode having had the time they needed to make it so...

• Be warned complain to much and the crazed zombie fanboys will attack just a fair warning lol i too am really annoyed at the delay their games are normally done at a reasonable time if i had to guess they are delaying because of that pre order contest.

• @Doucet said: Personally i have done a charge back on my credit card cause steam do not refund, i used the reason, product never deliver..... and it's true....

If you dont receive your paycheck, you will cry like a baby, me when i pay for something i whant it as espected, else put it in your ***

Even i dont have receive, dont know, maybe a email, sorry we have delay cause we made to much money to fast and so, are in vacancy, you know... will try to work on it in 2013...

So you guy really dont care, even if the game is finish on 2014 ?

Trust me it won't. I have played telltales games for years, and trust me when I tell you that they do deliver. There may be the occassional delay, as there are times when things don't go as planned. S*** happens.
    I think it's ridiculous that you are already crying for a refund. When you bought the series, you knew that you were paying in advance for the episodes. Just because you lack patience, it doesn't mean you have any right in getting your money back.

• Personally, I love the game. But bitterly disappointed that I was only able to play Episode One. Okay. I'm over it. Now that a month has passed, and still no Episode 2. Still disappointing. Episode delayed, rumored longer then the month that was suggested, and now possible another month? The fact that these episodes are supposedly not finished is outrageous. Paid my $20. Now I have to wait half a year before I finish the game. Thanks Tell Tale.

• @Only One Truth said: Personally, I love the game. But bitterly disappointed that I was only able to play Episode One. Okay. I'm over it. Now that a month has passed, and still no Episode 2. Still disappointing. Episode delayed, rumored longer then the month that was suggested, and now possible another month? The fact that these episodes are supposedly not finished is outrageous. Paid my $20. Now I have to wait half a year before I finish the game. Thanks Tell Tale.

You DID bother to look up exactly what you were buying, correct?

• lost a future customer for not at least coming forward with some kind of explanation

• @Doucet said: Copied from support:
    Telltale's episodic games are a series of 2-4 hour, story-driven games that are released online on a regular schedule. The episodes usually have self-contained stories, but they're part of a greater, season-wide arc that becomes apparent as you play the episodes. As with a favorite TV show, the more you play, the more familiar you'll become with the characters and the overarching story.

series of 2-4 hour ? maybe next episode will take 6 hours to do ?

released online on a regular schedule ? Regular....Regular..... mean date ? or month ? maybe years ?

Yea game concept is good, but is that worth the 25$ ?

what you think about it ?

Myself i ask for a refund, cause they dont deliver it....

I strongly dislike this kind of people.

Even if you really don't like the game, man up and accept that you made a bad choice then. It's your fault, if you don't inform yourself about how the game is being delivered. More plausible reasons, why you do this:

- You're cheap and just want a free copy of the game.
    - You can't wait a month (+some days) for the next episode and that pisses you off.
    - You're a hot head buying stuff by credit card, before thinking

Why do you complain here, instead of just contacting telltalegames directly then? Are you trying to discredit them or to find some other whiny users, who tell you that you're right and TTG should pay you 2million USD as compensation for your pain?

• Maybe to soothe most peoples opinions a big letter announcment from telltale like weeks ahead of time woulda been nice like say" hay sorry but we have to delay episode too do to some unforseen circumstance woulda been nice. No we get the silent treatment which is not okay, either way im normally not so pessimistic and im sure we have days before its release hell maybe if were lucky we wont have to wait as long after episode 2 for 3.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Goldrock said: Maybe to soothe most peoples opinions a big letter announcment from telltale like weeks ahead of time woulda been nice like say" hay sorry but we have to delay episode too do to some unforseen circumstance woulda been nice. No we get the silent treatment which is not okay, either way im normally not so pessimistic and im sure we have days before its release hell maybe if were lucky we wont have to wait as long after episode 2 for 3.

It's not delayed. They announced it was going to be released in June way back on May 17. Telltale sometimes takes a few months between the first and second episode so they can give themselves some wiggle room for the rest of the season. They did the same thing for Back to the Future. They only ever do a two month break for the first episode though, the rest of the episodes are released once a month.

• @Doucet said: Personally i have done a charge back on my credit card cause steam do not refund, i used the reason, product never deliver..... and it's true....

Lol, you sad excuse for a gamer... Do you go to your game store as well when you pick a game that turns out is a dud after you pop it in your PC or console? I can hear the salesmen there lol from the moment you came in 'till the store closes.
    You made the (in your opinion) faulty choise, your the cheap bastard and you just wanna rip of a free copy by trying to pull Creditcard fraud... I hope they catch you and you get a fine on top of the games normal costs and they should not let ass-anine rejects like you have Credit Cards in the firstplace!

@Doucet said: So you guy really dont care, even if the game is finish on 2014 ?

No 'cause that won't happen -.-

Add Comment