User Avatar Image

Bug in the ending stats? (Larry)

posted by bwat47 on - last edited - Viewed by 572 users

I noticed when I finished the first episode, the stats at the ending showed that I sided with larry. I didn't, I told kenny to knock him out. The preview before the stats did reflect that I sides with kenny though. Could this effect the next episode, or is it just a bug with the stats screen at the end?

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, I have a similar situation. Kenny is buddy buddy with me, I told him to punch Larry in the face, but somehow I sided with Larry. I think it could be that I tried to mediate the situation and didn't immediately back up Kenny. Still... go figure.

• Played through a THIRD time, did every possible thing to side with kenny, including saving duck on the farm. STILL says I sides with larry at the end.

Here's what I did this time:
    Saved Duck on the farm
    Stopped larry and defended duck at drug store
    Consoled kenny about what happened on the farm
    Gave duck a candy bar

Kenny saved me, called me a good friend, and both kenny and katjaa liked me in the preview, but stats says sides with larry.

• From what I can tell it depends on one answer, the one where the options are "reason with him" and two other things like it's him or duck and something else like that. If you choose the reason with him it doesn't matter what you choose it'll still say you sided with Larry and likewise if you go the other way it'll still say you sided with Kenny. SEems like a bug as the people still react the way they should the stats don't reflect that though. I'd also probably change the reason with him as that isn't entirely clear and makes it seem as if you want to be liberal and reason with Larry that duck hasn't been bitten thus siding with Kenny

• @flava said: From what I can tell it depends on one answer, the one where the options are "reason with him" and two other things like it's him or duck and something else like that. If you choose the reason with him it doesn't matter what you choose it'll still say you sided with Larry and likewise if you go the other way it'll still say you sided with Kenny. SEems like a bug as the people still react the way they should the stats don't reflect that though. I'd also probably change the reason with him as that isn't entirely clear and makes it seem as if you want to be liberal and reason with Larry that duck hasn't been bitten thus siding with Kenny

Yep, I did choose reason with him every time.

• I can concur that the stat's glitch seems to stem from the "Reason with him" dialogue option. However, I don't think there is any reason for concern. Taking into account that Kenny comes back for you after Larry Punches you out during the escape and, in the Episode 2 preview, Lily is yelling at you for siding against her father it's clear the glitch won't effect the story or carry over into Episode 2 in any adverse way. When it comes to bugs, it's a minor one and mostly aesthetic.

• Interesting note. I played this game on the Xbox at my friend's house, loved it, and then came home and bought it on PC. I'd already finished it, but wanted to continue further episodes with the same story I'd chosen at my friend's house, so I played an identical game at home. The interesting thing?

Everything was the same, except that when Kenny put his hand out to pick me up (at the climax), on Xbox he said "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today - we gotta look out for each other!" On PC, he said "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today - even if he is an asshole."

?!?!?!

Now to be honest, the second one seemed a lot more appropriate. In both games, I tried to save Shawn, told Herschel that Kenny had let Shawn die, said "Oh Shit" when Larry claimed Duck was bitten, tried to "reason" with Larry, then Berated Kenny for letting Shawn die. All in all, I wasn't a big fan of Kenny and I wanted him to know that. Playing through on Xbox, I thought it was weird that he would be so friendly after me pretty much being disgusted with him and trying to distance myself the whole game.

Just thought I'd put this up here for discussion. Frankly, I want Lilly to like me and don't care if Kenny does or not. I'm just a little worried that my Larry/Kenny Tough Choice has left me with NOBODY liking me! :D

• Everything was the same, except that when Kenny put his hand out to pick me up (at the climax), on Xbox he said "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today - we gotta look out for each other!" On PC, he said "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today - even if he is an asshole."

The thing is interesting to know that maybe different consoles changes a very little bit of the story(like the wording you said).

When you totally agree or halfway agree with Kenny when larry punches you kenny says: "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today, especially a good friend.

When you totally disagree or halfway disagree with kenny when larry punches you kenny says: "I ain't lettin' anyone else get eaten today - even if he is an asshole."

That's basically how it all works out. I know this as I tried ALL the possible outcomes looool

• also cos the consoles may have a different age rating being an arcade game and so some stuff is censored. and hence the change to remove 'asshole'

• @Milosuperspesh said: also cos the consoles may have a different age rating being an arcade game and so some stuff is censored. and hence the change to remove 'asshole'

It couldn't have been censored as the game's rated M for mature so it's for like 17+ to play it. younger than that SUPPOSEDLY aren't even supposed to play the game ;)

• Well, there is no a bug, certainly they consider ask for Kenny to reason with Larry siding with Larry. Mmmmh...

I think Telltale should consider the next choice of answer instead of this one. I mean, threatening Larry it's not siding with him, clearly. Ask for anyone to reason with somebody it's NOT siding with anyone, it's just being reasonable.

My two cents, of course. I would like to know what thinks a game developer. :)

Add Comment