User Avatar Image

King's Quest Spin-offs

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

The first 'KQ' game per se that you could ever say was released was Adventure in Serenia (Aka Wizard and the Princess). An adventure game released by Sierra in the early 1980s and designed/written by Roberta, it was set in Serenia, a land later revisited in KQ5. Roberta making the land in KQ5 be Serenia tied that game to KQ--Making it a game set in the same world, but not "KQ".

Would you ever support spin offs--in any genre, or different from KQ--that are set in the world of KQ, but don't concern The Royal Family or Daventry? Think sort of like Star Trek: The Next Generation, or spin offs of the series set in the same world--Expanding the universe of KQ and it's boundaries and mythos and perhaps even expanding the world KQ is set in into something truly large and interesting--Sort of making the "World of Daventry" into a setting like "The Forgotten Realms"--where the main KQ stories are just one of many stories in the same universe--Where the Royal Family are just one set of heroes in that world.

It'd take away a lot of the restrictions that the "rules" KQ has puts on stories and open up a lot of potential new ground but would allow you to also revisit beloved characters and lands that KQ first showed us, while offering up new ones as well. Perhaps in a story or two The Royal Family could even make a cameo appearance.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That should be the other way around. Wizard and the Princess came out before Adventure in Serenia.

It is the former that is the superior version!

• I'd like to see the adventures of The Shopkeeper from Port Bruce in King's Quest III!

Shopkeeper's Quest I: The Search For Better Lard (and salt)

Bt

• Isn't TSL technically a spin-off?

• @Lambonius said: Isn't TSL technically a spin-off?

I mean stuff that would be official and not horrible.

• I'd like to see a 2-D final fantasy type turn-based RPG game... With party members and everything. Graham could be the main character, but later he is joined by Connor, King Alexander, Rosella, and finally Valanice... Maybe some other minor characters jump into the part at various points in the game...

It should be released on Nintendo 3DS and Iphone/Androids...

• @BagginsKQ said: I'd like to see a 2-D final fantasy type turn-based RPG game... With party members and everything. Graham could be the main character, but later he is joined by Connor, King Alexander, Rosella, and finally Valanice... Maybe some other minor characters jump into the part at various points in the game...

It should be released on Nintendo 3DS and Iphone/Androids...

I always thought it'd be cool if there was a QFG style King's Quest game with a mix of RPG/adventure.

• I always thought it'd be cool if there was a QFG style King's Quest game with a mix of RPG/adventure

Uh, kinda like KQ8?

KQ8 was more like the earlier QFG games than QFG5 was like the previous games in the QFG series (QFG5 was nearly pure action, with no puzzles, the adventure aspects were intentionally stripped out)...

• @BagginsKQ said: Uh, kinda like KQ8?

KQ8 was more like the earlier QFG games than QFG5 was like the previous games in the QFG series (QFG5 was nearly pure action, with no puzzles, the adventure aspects were intentionally stripped out)...

I never really played KQ8 so I wouldn't know, but yeah I was thinking like the first four qfg games.

• The first four are the best! 1 & 4 are my favorites. Hard to decide which of the two I like best. Most open ended, and you weren't on a schedule to complete missions on time, with chance of 'missing them'. Plus the puzzles were for the most part straight out adventure game/inventory puzzles.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@Anakin Skywalker said: I mean stuff that would be official and not horrible.

So much for that PM you sent me last week, no? :) I guess you just answered your own question :D

Add Comment