User Avatar Image

Guess the movie Quote

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users

Alright the rules are very simple.

Post a line from a movie, and whoever gets a right answer, can post the next quote.

So, I'll go first.

"Want...some...candy?"

410 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Star Trek: Generations

"You're a lying son of a bitch! You didn't say a word about finding anything!"

(You know, it's amazing. When I recognize a quote, I also remember clearly exactly what the scene looked like at the time it was said. I don't just remember the words, but the image and sound of them saying it.)

• Stargate

"A meteor storm. The sky above us was dancing with lights. Purple, green, brilliant yellow. Yes!"

• Well, I'll admit to being stumped.

• @Remolay said: "A meteor storm. The sky above us was dancing with lights. Purple, green, brilliant yellow. Yes!"

Doctor Who (I've been watching Doctor Who shows on Netflix recently)

"His pattern indicates... two-dimensional thinking."

• Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

"There's not a lot of money in revenge."

• [reposted]

Princess Bride

- "What's he saying? Sounds like... 'next stop.' Do that again."
    -- "Next stop... Merchandise Mart."
    - "Son of a bitch, our boy came home."

EDIT: No one? ...okay how about another quote from the same movie:

"Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles-per-hour. That gives us a radius of...six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area."

• The Fugitive

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."

• Men in Black

- "Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?"
    -- "Apes don't read philosophy."
    - "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself.' ...And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."

• @Chyron8472 said: - "Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?"
    -- "Apes don't read philosophy."
    - "Yes they do, Otto. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself.' ...And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."

A Fish Called Wanda.

"We're going to watch one of my favorite cartoons. It's about a pathetic coyote who spends his life in the futile pursuit of a sadistic roadrunner, who laughs at him and mocks him as he's repeatedly crushed and maimed! Hope you ENJOY IT!"

• UHF

The man was right about you. And I am going to go home and tell him so. And if you clean up your language, I JUST might put in a good word for you too.

Add Comment