User Avatar Image

Should this game be cancelled?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Be honest, fan groups and their groupies. Should KQ stay dead unless a fan group gets it? Should TT's game be cancelled?

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: I'm curious, how do you feel about IA's KQ3 remake (as opposed to AGDI's KQ3Redux)?

I actually like it since it stayed faithful to the original game. However, I didn't like the sprites and character animation for Alexander. I understand that the game is getting a major face lift with a better Alexander sprite in version 3. Strangely enough, I also like the AGDI version; I like the added journal subplot, though the Father reference was a bit of a turnoff - I understand why they added him in the AGDI remake. I thought the Medusa subplot was a bit silly - I understand why they added it, however.

When I meant KQ fangames, I meant TSL and AGDI's KQ 2 - the games that tried to rewrite the KQ mythology. The three other remakes are good, however.

Making new KQ fangames is fine as long as the games try to stay faithful to the original source. Not kissing butt (I know that you are part of the IA team,) but I like how IA handles the fangames since the team compliments the original source as oppose to retconning it. I think creating a Kingdom of Sorrow game based on the novel is a great idea since I assume it would stay faithful to the original source material.

I was talking to Baggins via PM on why I think the SQ fangames are better than the KQ fangames. I believe the SQ fangames are better because for the most part, they compliment the existing SQ canon. TSL and the second AGDI KQ games, on the other hand, tries to rewrite the game's mythos.

• @doom saber said: Not kissing butt (I know that you are part of the IA team,)

MI also did the music for AGDI's KQ3.

• @doom saber said: I actually like it since it stayed faithful to the original game. However, I didn't like the sprites and character animation for Alexander. I understand that the game is getting a major face lift with a better Alexander sprite in version 3. Strangely enough, I also like the AGDI version; I like the added journal subplot, though the Father reference was a bit of a turnoff - I understand why they added him in the AGDI remake. I thought the Medusa subplot was a bit silly - I understand why they added it, however.

When I meant KQ fangames, I meant TSL and AGDI's KQ 2 - the games that tried to rewrite the KQ mythology. The three other remakes are good, however.

Making new KQ fangames is fine as long as the games try to stay faithful to the original source. Not kissing butt (I know that you are part of the IA team,) but I like how IA handles the fangames since the team compliments the original source as oppose to retconning it. I think creating a Kingdom of Sorrow game based on the novel is a great idea since I assume it would stay faithful to the original source material.

The only thing I thought was weird in KQ2 AGDI was the changing how certain characters acted (shopkeeper,red riding hood, dracula). Still liked how it worked out though.

• Since we are talking about fan remakes.. what are your thoughts on this?
    http://www.kq4remake.com/

It looks active. but it also looks like they have only two people working on it.. I personally want SOMEONE to do a decent talkie version of 4... I hope they dont get burnt out and see it through.

• Personally I actually like the look of the early 16 color SCI games... To the point that I don't really care about remakes. I'd probably play a fan remake just to give it a try. But I'd go back to the original.

I prefer the original QFG2 for example. The original is less 'complicated', and easier to level, combat is easier, etc. There is less excess to wade through... The parser worked better...

But seriously if all the teams that have ever worked in a KQ4 remake got together, and combined their talents, they probably could have gotten a remake done this decade... Seriously this is like the 3rd or 4th group claiming to be making a remake?

• @Irishmile said: Since we are talking about fan remakes.. what are your thoughts on this?
    http://www.kq4remake.com/

It looks active. but it also looks like they have only two people working on it.. I personally want SOMEONE to do a decent talkie version of 4... I hope they dont get burnt out and see it through.

Yeah. They seem to at least be as far along as Magic Mirror Games is (whose website is back up again.)

I do hope they finish it. It looks great!

• Only if there has been NO work done whatsoever!

• Aw, man, I got here too late to NOT talk about the Cabal?! Damn. *snaps fingers*

Anyways, I voted. I am open to the series being continued in any manner, officially or unofficially, here or elsewhere.

• @KatieHal said: Aw, man, I got here too late to NOT talk about the Cabal?! Damn. *snaps fingers*

Anyways, I voted. I am open to the series being continued in any manner, officially or unofficially, here or elsewhere.

KATIE. AHEM. CABAL-KIBOSH? CAPISCE?

Bt

• Sorry! I just get so excited sometimes, I can't help it!:o

Add Comment