User Avatar Image

King's Quest Spin-offs

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 794 users

The first 'KQ' game per se that you could ever say was released was Adventure in Serenia (Aka Wizard and the Princess). An adventure game released by Sierra in the early 1980s and designed/written by Roberta, it was set in Serenia, a land later revisited in KQ5. Roberta making the land in KQ5 be Serenia tied that game to KQ--Making it a game set in the same world, but not "KQ".

Would you ever support spin offs--in any genre, or different from KQ--that are set in the world of KQ, but don't concern The Royal Family or Daventry? Think sort of like Star Trek: The Next Generation, or spin offs of the series set in the same world--Expanding the universe of KQ and it's boundaries and mythos and perhaps even expanding the world KQ is set in into something truly large and interesting--Sort of making the "World of Daventry" into a setting like "The Forgotten Realms"--where the main KQ stories are just one of many stories in the same universe--Where the Royal Family are just one set of heroes in that world.

It'd take away a lot of the restrictions that the "rules" KQ has puts on stories and open up a lot of potential new ground but would allow you to also revisit beloved characters and lands that KQ first showed us, while offering up new ones as well. Perhaps in a story or two The Royal Family could even make a cameo appearance.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think, for KQ spin-offs, the best area to explore is pre-Graham. Either early Edward days, or Early Edward's adventures.

I've always thought a remake of "Wizard and Princess" as a Pre-Graham KQ game would be a fun play.

Bt

• I think, for KQ spin-offs, the best area to explore is pre-Graham. Either early Edward days, or Early Edward's adventures.

I've always thought a remake of "Wizard and Princess" as a Pre-Graham KQ game would be a fun play.

The game Lorelei Shannon wanted;

I would love to know about the pre-history of Daventry. What were Daventry stone-agers like? Did they have magic, or were they just regular hunter-gatherer sorts?-Loreley Shannon, the Royal Scribe

• Jesus tap dancing CHRIST, Lorelei Shannon, way to over think things. Jesus. Hunter-Gatherers?

IT'S A FUCKING FAIRY TALE LAND! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Bt

• I want the adventures of Derek Karlavagina!!

• Here is a possibly game idea from the Queen of King's Quest;

"Well, ya, King's Quest is on earth. Daventry is very old city from a long time ago. It's in ruins now and people aren't quite sure exactly where it used to be. There are some archaeologists searching through the ruins, they think they know its Daventry. But its somewhere on Earth."-Roberta Williams, Mask of Eternity Talkspot Interview, 1998, part 1 (1:20:40 to 1:59:58)

Archaeologist's Quest

It could be an Indiana Jones or Laura Bow (needs murders lots of murders) or Laura Craft crossover!

• To me "Mask of Eternia" is a spin off

• However, officially its not a spin-off, so next...

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30271

An opinion based on falsity, is still false... You can validly consider it a bad KQ game based on your own opinions, but its still KQ8 regardless of it is a good or bad game.

• Didn't King Graham appear as a CPU opponent in Sierra's Hoyle card game title?

I know I always I kept hoping he would wash up on Johnny Castaway's island.

Graham: "Pardon me, sir, but I am very near death. Might I trouble you for something to eat?"

Narrator: "That bottle of sunscreen looks very, very tempting. But the ragged old man seems disinclined to let Graham have it."

• Narrator: "Cedric struggles against the seagull, but, weakened by the shark attack, he is unable to defend himself against the crazed bird. The old man fires up his makeshift barbeque."

Johnny: "Pull up a rock, 'Yer Highness'! We's eatin' good tonight! And I betcha I could wear this vest if I just stretch it out a bit. Yessiree-Bob!"

Graham: "I am very pleased to meet you, Bob."

• Yes, graham appears in Hoyle 1 and Hoyle 3. He even has quite a bit of extra stuff to say in Hoyle 1.

Rosella also appears in both of those games. She also has alot to say in Hoyle 1 when interacting with the other characters.

Lolotte and Mordack appear in Hoyle 3.

Then there is King Graham's Board Game Challenge.

...and the Quest for Daventry pinball game in Take-A-Break pinball.

and King's Questions (a quiz game that takes place in King's Quest universe starting the Captain, Alexander, and Cassima)

Add Comment