User Avatar Image

So any gun enthusiasts here

posted by KingOfZilla on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I'm still kind of new to the telltale forums and figured I'd start a new thread for fellow gun lovers. I also wanted to get insode everyone elses head. So tell me everyone; What have you got, what do you like in your guns, what's your favorite gun, etc.

Thanks

206 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Bitchin’. The one I have has a more silvery color and a tarnished handle. Kicks like a mule, too.

• @Noname215 said: Bitchin’. The one I have has a more silvery color and a tarnished handle. Kicks like a mule, too.

The kick is pretty manageable, though this may be because I'm in a wheelchair, so my arms are fairly strong. How's your technique? Do you lean into the shot to absorb the recoil? That's very important.

• @Comrade Pants said: Also, I got my 1911 today. Shoots like a dream. A wet dream.

fi9Tdl.jpg

Nice. I'll have to show you my 1911 when I get it. (or whatever I happen to get instead.)

• @Noname215 said: What a piece of shit. Someone can tell that freaking hippie to go get high on pot and later p***y out when someone tries to rob him when he doesn’t have shit to defend himself with. He’ll be shitting himself in a corner while the house breakers steal all of his crap.

I own fifteens pistols, five rifles, and three shotguns. I’m all for the 2nd Amendment.

And as for my favorite gun, I would have to go with my M1911. Beautiful piece, and kicks like a mule.

Woah, I think that tirade of abuse was a bit uncalled for.

My view point join the matter is that they are an uneccesary evil. They will make the situation ten times worse. Take your robbery situation you mentioned. Guns are available in our country, so you can assume the criminal get hold of one pretty easily. They tell you you are being robbed, and you begin to reach for your gun. The gun they have at their sides which they had no intention of using they now feel compelled to in self defence. And what if they didn't have a gun? Well, they can grab yours whilst you are fumbling to get it out your pocket or bag 'or whatever. After all, you are going to be nervous!

Maybe its just the fact that I'm British and grew up without the threat of gun crime, but the whole idea seems daft. We were always taught that if someone does come and tries to mug you, you should let them. Your life is more valuable, and the authorities can always deal with it later. They have no reason to her you if you are complying. After all, you never know whether someone might have a knife hidden away. There's no cowardice in common sense.

But as I've said, it's probably just a cultural thing, but I thought I'd provide an alternate take on the situation. That's not to say that I think it's bad to appreciate guns, just making them attainable seems to be foolhardy. But I guess the u.s is so riddled with them now, that they have no choice but to keep them legal.

• @Friar said: Woah, I think that tirade of abuse was a bit uncalled for.

My view point join the matter is that they are an uneccesary evil. They will make the situation ten times worse. Take your robbery situation you mentioned. Guns are available in our country, so you can assume the criminal get hold of one pretty easily. They tell you you are being robbed, and you begin to reach for your gun. The gun they have at their sides which they had no intention of using they now feel compelled to in self defence. And what if they didn't have a gun? Well, they can grab yours whilst you are fumbling to get it out your pocket or bag 'or whatever. After all, you are going to be nervous!

Maybe its just the fact that I'm British and grew up without the threat of gun crime, but the whole idea seems daft. We were always taught that if someone does come and tries to mug you, you should let them. Your life is more valuable, and the authorities can always deal with it later. They have no reason to her you if you are complying. After all, you never know whether someone might have a knife hidden away. There's no cowardice in common sense.

But as I've said, it's probably just a cultural thing, but I thought I'd provide an alternate take on the situation. That's not to say that I think it's bad to appreciate guns, just making them attainable seems to be foolhardy. But I guess the u.s is so riddled with them now, that they have no choice but to keep them legal.

I can actually understand the logic and reasoning behind everything you said, except for letting someone rob you. Why should you reward their aggression with your hard earned money? Better to fire at them. If you drill yourself on drawing, you can get a tight response time down.

Even better, if a criminal thinks you're likely to shoot him if he tries something, maybe he won't think twice. A lot of that is in how you carry yourself, though.

Anyway, the outburst was pretty rude of him.

• @Comrade Pants said: The kick is pretty manageable, though this may be because I'm in a wheelchair, so my arms are fairly strong. How's your technique? Do you lean into the shot to absorb the recoil? That's very important.

I just do it one-handed when I fire pistols. I feel weak when I use two. That’s just the way I am. But yes, I do lean into it to absorb the shot.

Just today I got a Ruger Bearcat single action revolver. I like the way it looked, and I haven’t fired it yet, but i’m very eager to.

• Gun lovers are sick psychopaths. That's all I have to say about this.

• @Laserschwert said: Gun lovers are sick psychopaths. That's all I have to say about this.

0/10, must troll harder.

• @coolsome said: Comrade Pants the famous anti gun pacifist will have a few things to say about this!

@coolsome said: What a piece of shit. Someone can tell that freaking hippie to go get high on pot and later p***y out when someone tries to rob him when he doesn’t have shit to defend himself with. He’ll be shitting himself in a corner while the house breakers steal all of his crap.

I'm would have read what you had to say but I was too busy getting high on pot and being a pussy.

Seriously though, I really should get a gun, then I could be just like you; a charming, tolerant and intelligent wordsmith. Ah sod it, I'll just smoke another joint and continue being a pussy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and shit myself in a corner.

• Just sleep beside a barbecue lighter and a can of hairspray and you'll be okay. Plus no one expects that shit. Better yet, get a broad sword a swing it around like a maniac. :P These crazy alarm system things are supposed to work alright too I guess.

This discussion has been closed.