User Avatar Image

Wreck-It Ralph

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 891 users

I probably shouldn't be starting a new thread over a movie trailer, but it's such a freakin' awesome trailer, I couldn't help myself. This movie is going to be SO awesome.

Watch and squee.

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Trenchfoot said: Who else is expecting to see Guybrush here? It would be a perfect cameo. Or LeChuck, to keep the bad guy thing going :D

Not a chance in hell. Lucasarts would have to license the use of the characters to Disney. If they aren't even willing to earn a risk-free profit by allowing TellTale to develop a second season of 'Tales of Monkey Island' then I doubt that you'll be seeing Guybrush and co. in 'Wreck-It Ralph'.

These days, Lucasarts' business strategy seems to revolve around making a 'Star Wars' rip-off of 'Uncharted' and sitting on their old I.P.'s as they gather dust; refusing to let anybody else near them. Lucasarts hates money, unless it's derived from a 'Star Wars' based product. Fact.

• @St_Eddie said: Lucasarts hates money, unless it's derived from a 'Star Wars' based product. Fact.

I agree with all of your post except this. If they wanted to make money off their Star Wars products, they'd have made Battlefront 3, Rogue Squadron 4, The Force Unleashed 3, ad infinitum and ad nauseum. They have best selling series in their library that they've ignored despite fans clamoring for more.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I agree with all of your post except this. If they wanted to make money off their Star Wars products, they'd have made Battlefront 3, Rogue Squadron 4, The Force Unleashed 3, ad infinitum and ad nauseum. They have best selling series in their library that they've ignored despite fans clamoring for more.

Okay; Lucasarts is run by a three headed monkey, with not a single brain cell contained within any of the three heads! Fact.

Better? :p

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Shadowknight1 said: I agree with all of your post except this. If they wanted to make money off their Star Wars products, they'd have made Battlefront 3, Rogue Squadron 4, The Force Unleashed 3, ad infinitum and ad nauseum. They have best selling series in their library that they've ignored despite fans clamoring for more.

You forgot the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series! For shame!

• @Darth Marsden said: You forgot the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series! For shame!

That's because the Jedi Knight series petered out and became shitty and nobody liked it very soon after it became the Jedi Knight series.

• @St_Eddie said: Okay; Lucasarts is run by a three headed monkey, with not a single brain cell contained within any of the three heads! Fact.

Better? :p

Much!

@St_Eddie said: You forgot the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series! For shame!

I didn't forget, they're part of the ad infinitum.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

More info on the game Wreck-It Ralph comes from, which was made as a mock-up for E3 and somehow didn't get much coverage until now, and here's a link to a Flash version of said game.

• I wish/hope the movie's plot was/is more centric to the classic videogame characters we know and love, but I don't think that's the case at all.

When we get beyond the awesome rendition of all those classic videogame characters, the actual protagonist and supporting cast and kind of the entire storyline looks pretty weak and makes me kind of uninterested.

But dayum I'll go see it for the split second of Chun-Li cameo anyway o^o

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Falanca said: I wish/hope the movie's plot was/is more centric to the classic videogame characters we know and love, but I don't think that's the case at all.

It does seem to concern them all in a Who Framed Roger Rabbit Toon Town sort of way, in that Wreck-It-Ralph ultimately has to stop events that threaten to destroy the entire arcade.

• A walt disney giant videogame crossover?

Add Comment