User Avatar Image

So any gun enthusiasts here

posted by KingOfZilla on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm still kind of new to the telltale forums and figured I'd start a new thread for fellow gun lovers. I also wanted to get insode everyone elses head. So tell me everyone; What have you got, what do you like in your guns, what's your favorite gun, etc.

Thanks

206 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When did this thread become a poop slinging thread.

Guns don't kill people, Monkeys do!

Well apes...

100908_GorillaAndTheDS1.grid-6x2.jpg

Look at them, with their brute strength and lack of morals, and poop slinging madness.

Good thing I was prepared for such an occasion! :D

gorilla-glasses.jpg

The bastards won't see me comi..errr... looking at them...

• @RetroVortex said: gorilla-glasses.jpg

Hehe. I love those glasses. I don't think that it dissuades apes from attacking people because they view eye contact as a threat. I think that it dissuades apes from attacking people because it makes them look like fucking idiots! :D

• @St_Eddie said: I think that it dissuades apes from attacking people because it makes them look like fucking idiots! :D

Think about it for a second. You have a steaming turd in your hand, and your intention is to throw it at SOMEBODY. Why WOULDN'T you throw it at the guy who looks like a moron? Is your shit too GOOD for them? =P

• @Rather Dashing said: Think about it for a second. You have a steaming turd in your hand, and your intention is to throw it at SOMEBODY. Why WOULDN'T you throw it at the guy who looks like a moron? Is your shit too GOOD for them? =P

I think that you just answered your own question there, buddy.

• They pick their marks.

Someone looking away is just too damn easy!

• @Comrade Pants said: 0/10, must troll harder.

Nah, there's no trolling in stating my opinion.

And still I'm surprised a thread like this doesn't get shut down right away... Should we start a thread about prostitution? Or was that illegal in the US? I start losing sight of what's considered right or wrong...

• @Laserschwert said: Nah, there's no trolling in stating my opinion.

And still I'm surprised a thread like this doesn't get shut down right away... Should we start a thread about prostitution? Or was that illegal in the US? I start losing sight of what's considered right or wrong...

Please. The law has no baring on what's right or wrong, that is entirely up to cultural morality. Personally, I have no problem with prostitution but whatever.

The way I see it, the only bad thing about guns is that they can be used by criminals or governments to kill innocents. However, when used for defense, or to kill truly horrible people - Bin Laden, for example - guns are a good thing. Therefore, there's nothing morally reprehensible about them.

Besides, people die anyway. Are you going to be against alcohol next? I mean, more people die of alcohol related problems than gun crime.

Anyway, here's some food for thought:
    X23Mn.jpg

Anyway, back on subject...

@Laserschwert said: Gun lovers are sick psychopaths. That's all I have to say about this.

Adorable. Since you honestly believe that, allow me to ask you this: what makes you think that? I mean, am I a sick psychopath? Off kilter, sure, but not the next Son of Sam as you seem to suggest. I mean, what's so hideously wrong with wanting to go hunting or defend yourself that you feel the need to call us - all of us ever, apparently - psychopaths?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Laserschwert said: Nah, there's no trolling in stating my opinion.

There are legitimate reasons for having guns, such as hunting wild animals (which aren't farmed for food and aren't available any other way). Where I live, deer hunting is common (through both shotgun and bow hunting, which have separate seasons). Being that my sister's boyfriend and my friend's stepfather are hunters, I have to admit I've become a fan of venison. Although I don't do it myself, I have absolutely no problem with people who hunt for food.

• Venison is delicious. My dad bagged a deer last year and that was some great eating for quite a while.

• @Jennifer said: The difference is there are legitimate reasons for having guns, such as deer population control. Where I live, deer hunting is common (through shotgun and bow hunting, which have separate seasons). Being that my sister's boyfriend, and my friend's stepfather are hunters, I have to admit I've become a fan of venison. I don't do it myself, but I have absolutely no problem with people who hunt for food.

Well, those are two different beasts altogether. Hunters are - just like policemen or soldiers - professionals working with weapons.

They're not using them for fun, as "gun enthusiasts" do - and that's where (to me) the psychopathic tendencies start. After all, guns (especially the kind of guns proudly shown in this thread) are built for killing... they aren't built for sports (you could use airguns for that) or for hunting.

@Jennifer said: stuff (I'll deal with it out of order... or above)
    First of all, prostitution was just as an example for a thread that would get locked right away, which I'd find strange as I think of it as much less problematic than firearms.

As said, I have no problem with guns being used by professionals (hence the Bin Laden comparison lacks), but I think private individuals shouldn't have access to weapons. Yeah, "self defense" comes up everytime, but seriously, would you play the "hero" (if you want to call it that) when you're robbed by someone with a gun? Would you actually shoot him? That's not self defense, that's killing someone. Maybe my opinion about this is hugely formed by the country I live in (and vice versa, regarding your own views), but if you're living in an area so dangerous that you have to have a gun to feels safe, maybe moving would be the better choice than being ready to shoot people. And a terrorists example? Really? So all those gun hobbyist are going to protect the world from terrorists? Right, you never know when you might need a gun.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I always see the image of the "gun enthusiast" loving the feeling of "power" in his hands ("kicks like a mule", oh golly!), and yes, I'll definitely say there's something wrong with him or her. And yes, I'm against excessive use of alcohol as well. A lot of people getting drunk tend to get violent or at least lose some control (and sometimes just a little loss of control causes huge damage)... now imagine those people with guns. And what a weak statement: Of course more people die of alcohol related incidents that of guns, because - luckily - guns aren't as wide spread (and as taken for granted) as alcohol.

Just play an FPS and enjoy that.

This discussion has been closed.