User Avatar Image

TFT3K: Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000

posted by RingmasterJ5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

attachment.php?attachmentid=2745&stc=1&d

This is TFT3K, where bad fanfics are mocked by me, Alcoremortis, Remolay, StrongBrush1, Insane Guy of DOOM and various guests!

Facebook
Twitter
TVTropes
Upcoming MSTs

Season One:

Episode One: "THE HOUSE OF MADNESS MAX/THE ABILITY TO READ MINDS AND ASLO TO SEND THROUGHS TO OTHER PEOPLE" (a Sam and Max fanfic)

Episode Two, with guest commentator Coolsome: "Monkey Moon" (a Monkey Island/Sailor Moon crossover fanfic)

Episode Three, with guest commentator Lattsam: "Sam & Max meet Sonic the Hedgehog" (a Sam and Max/Sonic the Hedgehog crossover fanfic)

Episode Four: "The Adventures of Rainbow Sparkle" (a My Little Pony fanfic)

Episode Five: "im nut ok i promiss" (A My Little Pony fanfic)

Episode Six: "Zim born again" (an Invader Zim fanfic)

Episode Seven: A Whole Bunch O' Crap (various fanfics from the Invader Zim, My Little Pony, and Ace Attorney fandoms)

Episode Eight: "IZ interveiw chapter 6/Snape the Bat/SCARY GHOST STORY FETUSING CHUCK NORRIS" (an Invader Zim/Doctor Who crossover fanfic, along with two short Harry Potter fics)

Episode Nine: “Mlp:fim: The Shiping Ship/That Croppy Itching” (a My Little Pony fic, along with a short Sam and Max fic)

Episode Ten: Recap, Part One (A Hangover/Planet of the Apes crossover, along with a Big Bang Theory fic and an Invader Zim chapter)

Episode Eleven, with guest commentator Skepkitty of The Half-World: Aperture Nikki (a Portal fic)

Episode Eleven, with guest commentator Insane Guy of DOOM: Christian Humber Reloaded, Part One (Too many series to list)

Season Two:

Episode One: Invader Zim: Born Again Christian (an Invader Zim fic)

Episode Two: Killjoy Songfics (Two My Little Pony songfics)

Author MSTs(These update with every new chapter that the author makes):

Marissa-The-Writer(a Valve fanfic author), with guest-commentator Tredlow popping in for a few chapters(WARNING: PORTAL 2 SPOILERS)

DBreBre-Z(an Invader Zim fanfic author)

Sue Mary, with guest-commentator Lattsam in the second half(too many series to list)

Peter Chimaera (Too many series to list)

TFT3K Specials:

The Harry Potter First Chapter Smorgasboard, with guest-commentator Lattsam

Solo MSTs:

RingmasterJ5:

"Half-Humans" (an Invader Zim fanfic)

“Me in Invader Zim? Oh Kami” (an Invader Zim fanfic MSTd as “Automated TT Submission”)

MightypirateTM:

"It's the Inside that Counts" (a Haruhi Suzumiya fanfic)

Remolay:

"Kimagure Revenge Road" (an Orange Road fic)

"Scanranger" (a Power Rangers/Super Sentai fic)

Lattsam:

"Garfield: First Blood" (a Garfield fanfic)

Other Stuff:

Teen Fortress 2 Autocorrected, by MightypirateTM

TFT3K-inspired Total Drama Island fic, by Lattsam

351 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Insane Guy of Doom said: To celebrate Sue Mary's new home on tumblr, here's a BRAN NOO STORAY!

Alien Begin:
    http://suemaryfanfiction.tumblr.com/

I'm beginning to wonder if Sue Mary is a zeenomorf herself... her stories are written in an otherworldly language! :D

Yep, this one's definitely getting a dramatic reading from me!

• All the "lost" Sue Mary stories (those TTFT3K hasn't yet MSTed) are now on the tumblr! You can once more read the epic love stories of Isaac Clarke and Tali'zorah, be enamored by Dexter's quest for vengeance against Lightning McQueen, and witness Stephen Merchant find powerups on the ground.

• @Insane Guy of Doom said: All the "lost" Sue Mary stories (those TTFT3K hasn't yet MSTed) are now on the tumblr! You can once more read the epic love stories of Isaac Clarke and Tali'zorah, be enamored by Dexter's quest for vengeance against Lightning McQueen, and witness Stephen Merchant find powerups on the ground.

Yay! I'm glad to know that even though those horrible people deleted Sue Mary's account, she can still live on.

Though the knowledge that that group is still running around and getting accounts deleted really irks me. Makes me almost want to dust off Zythera Komoto and mess with their command structure a bit, proverbial guns blazing and so forth.

• @Alcoremortis said:

Though the knowledge that that group is still running around and getting accounts deleted really irks me. Makes me almost want to dust off Zythera Komoto and mess with their command structure a bit, proverbial guns blazing and so forth.

It's worse than that. According to WTFfanfiction on tumblr a second group has formed that's even worse. Literature United or something like that. They deliberately flame people, and even have a section called "the story graveyard" where they can mock stories that they got taken down.

• @Insane Guy of Doom said: It's worse than that. According to WTFfanfiction on tumblr a second group has formed that's even worse. Literature United or something like that. They deliberately flame people, and even have a section called "the story graveyard" where they can mock stories that they got taken down.

Oh, I have GOT to troll them. I will whip out The REAL Deal and comrades for that one if necessary. Will take some planning though.

Edit: So I went to the Critics United thread, instead, and decided to try and see how they would react to a well reasoned argument against their policies.

While I do appreciate the upsurge in critical reviews that your movement has inspired, I must say that I'm slightly, shall we say, disturbed by the gross number of deletions that have resulted from it. I'm no stranger to a negative reaction when I review something, or to creative violations of the rules (Once found a fic that consisted of nothing but "YIFF IN HELL, FURF**S" [but not censored] copy-pasted over and over for pages and pages. Fairly uninteresting read, but I digress), however I feel that these mass deletions are a harsh response to a rather insignificant problem.

Harsh reviews, I get. Really, I do. I've left a number myself, but these deletions bespeak censoring, which I will stand against until my account is deleted. Which, will probably be fairly soon, given the current climate. I know your group is primarily concerned with actual rule violations (Or, at least, I hope you are), but what you've started has inspired others to band together and sponsor other mass removals of fics, not always because of rule-breaking.

I'm not going to question whether you have a life, because I don't have a life and that would be rather hypocritical of me to call you out on it when I'm the one here typing this stupidly long reply that nobody will read. And, you know, reading horrible fanfiction because it's fun. (Yes, I said fun. Some of us enjoy downing a few bottles of brain bleach a day.) But I can't believe that there isn't anything else you guys would rather be doing. Build something, learn how differential calculus works, pick up an instrument, write a book... I dunno. I'm building an arc reactor, but to each his/her own.

I'm just saying that this is an awful lot of time and effort put into something that matters very little in the long run. It's also kind of futile. Sorry to break it to you, but fanfiction.net will probably remain the Pit of Voles regardless of how many violating fics and authors are removed from it. It's just the nature of the site, really. If you got rid of all the rule-breakers, there'd be nobody left.

I should know, I've been here since I was a wee high school kiddy-wink who thought that writing Mary-Sue trollfics and self-insert parodies was the epitome of wit. You can probably tell from the childish way that my username is entirely in capitals, or how my profile page mentions "craunching marmosets" as one of my hobbies. I don't even know what that means anymore! If you told me back then that my fics were in violation of the rules, I probably would have ignored the comment because I didn't know you could reply to comments back then. So, should I turn myself in now, or wait for the gestapo to carry me away, screaming in the night, to deviantart?

I would love to say that I eagerly await an elegantly worded reprimand, but using "eagerly" seems to insinuate that I'll be sitting next to my keyboard for the rest of the night, hitting "refresh" every few minutes. Since I don't want anyone operating under false pretenses, I'm stating here very plainly that I will only be hitting "refresh" until about four in the morning. Just to be clear.

~Alcoremortis, The Killjoy Extraordinaire, esteemed member of TFT3K

Addendum: Also, if you must delete any of my work, please don't get rid of the one where my self-insert splits into two people and then makes ice-cream with Commodore Norrington. I'm rather partial to that one.

I was instantly banned from their forum and received the following PM:

We don't delete stories. The site admins do. Is it that hard to understand?

I was also blocked from responding to said PM. So, as I was saying about censorship...

• Of course, if you tell the same to the admins they'll probably tell you that they're highly disappointed by the idea that their site is not about collecting works of at least a minimum quality.

I suggest trollfics to move to Archive of Our Own. I can hand out a few invites, PM me if you want one.

• Archive of Our Own supports trollfics? I assumed they wanted only "serious" works. Then again, you could say my trollfics are serious at least, as I do spend a lot of time planning them to make sure they're "so bad its good" instead of just awful.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like an invite please.

• @Insane Guy of Doom said: Archive of Our Own supports trollfics? I assumed they wanted only "serious" works.

They'll have to since FanFiction.Net has failed us.

Also, look. It takes time for me to get invites, as it takes time for the automated queue to invite you, and on top of that, there are problems with their site.

• @ASBusinessMagnet said: They'll have to since FanFiction.Net has failed us.

Also, look. It takes time for me to get invites, as it takes time for the automated queue to invite you, and on top of that, there are problems with their site.

I thought you said you were handing them out? Maybe I misunderstood, if so, sorry for any confusion.

• @Insane Guy of Doom said: I thought you said you were handing them out? Maybe I misunderstood, if so, sorry for any confusion.

Like with the automated invite queue, I have to get invites before I can hand them out, and I didn't expect people to actually flood my inbox with them so I only got one.

I still think I'll give that particular one (when I get it) to IGoD instead of lattsam, mainly because I'd so like to see THE MARRISSA GAMES happen if not on FF.Net, then at least on AO3.

EDIT: So that you know I'm not lying, my AO3 profile is here.

Add Comment