User Avatar Image

Give idea, get story (now with 20% more Haggis!) - Update: Hardback cover book

posted by Haggis on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in, like, forever, but I've got something that may be of interest. Basically, you give me an idea (a subject, setting, a few lines), and I write a story for you!

If you want to get an idea of what I mean, you can find two sample stories (ideas courtesy of SilverWolfPet) here: http://bouffonbooks.com/2011/09/28/introducing-bouffon-stories/

Enjoy, and feel free to ask for a story in this thread! :D

244 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No, go for it. I was just messing around. Love to see what you do with it.

  • @Darth Marsden said: Stupid ted12 giving me ideas...

    Uhh........ You're welcome?

  • @Haggis said: Good idea. Any specific wishes?

    OK, a comedy Western that has the following:

    [LIST]
    [*]At least one instance of firing in the air having an unintended consequence.
    [*]A reference to a ten-gallon hat not actually being able to hold ten gallons.
    [*]A reference to Opera (the musical theatre, not the web browser).
    [*]Either nobody dies, or it's a really funny outrageous death, not a sad one.
    [/LIST]

    EDIT: I wrote the above before reading the new story. I liked the story, except there were a lot of typos that kept distracting me. All of the typos were the kind that would pass a spell check. For example, "the blue lights one her car" should be "the blue lights on her car." You may want to read through it again looking for these. Also, she shouldn't give milk to a cat.

  • @Darth Marsden said: No, go for it. I was just messing around. Love to see what you do with it.


    Okay, cool, I've added it to the list.

    @Darth Marsden said: I liked the story, except there were a lot of typos that kept distracting me. All of the typos were the kind that would pass a spell check. For example, "the blue lights one her car" should be "the blue lights on her car." You may want to read through it again looking for these.


    Sorry about the typos. :( I should probably explain that what I post on the site are first drafts, sketches if you will. When I make the free e-book, I do check for errors naturally, and give the stories a lick of paint where needed. I will correct errors pointed out to me though, and I'll be sure to go over this story (I'll let you know when I've done that, maybe you want to give it another read then). Meanwhile, if you want error-free stories, look for the free e-book aka marketing tool next year! :D

    Also, she shouldn't give milk to a cat.


    It does say on that site that a little bit of milk can be fine as a treat, and not all cats are lactose intolerant.

    My cat (requiescat in pace) for instance was crazy about powdered milk. He went crazy for a spoonful of the stuff, and never had diarrhoea from it. On the other hand, he didn't touch actual milk.

  • @Haggis said: Sorry about the typos. :( I should probably explain that what I post on the site are first drafts, sketches if you will. When I make the free e-book, I do check for errors naturally, and give the stories a lick of paint where needed. I will correct errors pointed out to me though, and I'll be sure to go over this story (I'll let you know when I've done that, maybe you want to give it another read then).

    Your stories are normally pretty good about using the right words. It's just that this one in particular had more typos than usual, maybe just because it was a longer story, and some of them really stood out. Sure, if you make corrections before the e-book, I'll be happy to read it again, and see if it flows better. :)

  • Ever tried writing a horror story?

  • @Noname215 said: Ever tried writing a horror story?

    Fairly recently, if you count this one:

    @Noname215 said: Also, here's your narwhal story: http://bouffonbooks.com/2012/06/04/the-spear-of-destiny/

  • Okay, I'm going to go for it and hate on me afterwards.

    Doctor Who Crossover.

  • I’ve tried my hand at writing before. I mostly write twenty page horror stories. They usually involve vampires or shape-shifting aliens.

  • @HelloCthulhu said: Okay, I'm going to go for it and hate on me afterwards.

    Doctor Who Crossover.

    Haha, I beat Haggis on that one ^^

Add Comment