User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 39K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A Road Worn 60s Fender Stratocaster.

• 2 Samsung 32gb Class 10 Micro SD cards (with adapter)

£40

(£20 x 2)

At £20 each I thought it was a pretty good buy. (I have a lot of devices that could take advantage of them! :D)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Secret Fawful said: An engagement ring.

Congratulations Fawful. Be sure to let us know how/when you ask her!

@Secret Fawful said: What? But... that's like you seeing her in her dress before the wedding! YOU DON'T DO THAT!

I would rather like to choose my own ring, but I'd want the proposal to be a total surprise.

Actually the way a friend did it was good. He chose the diamond and had it put in a temporary setting for the proposal so it would all be a surprise, but he and his wife plan to design their own permanent setting (and wedding rings) together.

@Secret Fawful said: Throwing my hat in the ring, here. Comrade Mortis and I are going shopping for our wedding rings together, when we can. So there's that.

I think it's a lovely thing to shop for wedding bands together... seems like the kind of thing that should be shared.

• I bought kid Icarus uprising today. It's awesome.

• signature_Amz.jpg

Mario Kart 7 for my son (Nintendo's AAA titles take forever to come down in price) and Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition for another son and myself (it will also never come down in price because it was limited quantity).

I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).

• @portwoodamber420 said: I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).

Hello person with identical set of values to myself, how are you today? :)

Crisps. Last bought crisps. And they were YUMMY.

• @portwoodamber420 said: I usually have a pretty high patience level for most items unless they rarely go on sale, etc. The only problem is that I have no self control for items that are on sale (when it is a good sale).

You know, they recently determined that a specific biochemical agent is responsible for triggering whether or not you decide buy something. I'm not even making this up. There's a counter chemical that makes you decide the price is too high.

• @Alcoremortis said: You know, they recently determined that a specific biochemical agent is responsible for triggering whether or not you decide buy something. I'm not even making this up. There's a counter chemical that makes you decide the price is too high.

Not that I disbelieve you or anything, but I'm gonna need proof of that. :)

• @Darth Marsden said: Not that I disbelieve you or anything, but I'm gonna need proof of that. :)

I'll have to get back to you on that. I seem to have misplaced the article somehow. I'm trying to find it, but I'm finding that when you type "marketing" and "chemical" into Google, most of the results don't pertain to chemicals that reflect the ability to purchase. I had a hard copy of it, but given the state of my room, it might as well have been tossed into a chasm or something.

However, I can say that reading about this chemical didn't really surprise me much. It's a fairly common process in biological systems that for certain actions there is a promoter and an inhibitor chemical. I'd say that it's likely this "purchase" chemical had its origins in something related to risk taking maneuvers and merely is applied to yet another potential risk when we contemplate whether or not to buy something.

It's things like this that really make me think that organic computers would work really well if we could get the hardware ironed out.

Add Comment